Did you look like a Jehovah Witness?

by JH 35 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Were you ever told that you didn't look like a Jehovah Witness? I never dressed like one of them unless I was at the hall.

I think that people looking at me would never have guessed that I was a witness. How about you, were you always trying to look like a witness by the cloths you choose to wear?

Most witnesses I knew never got dressed too tight, so that their shape wouldn't be seen.

Wouldn't want to exite someone now, wouldn't we...

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Only when I slip into my suit and tie, have a shave and slap on some Calvin Klein, the rest of the time I walk about in Lycra shorts, fluffy pink slippers and a rubber gas mask with attatched tubing.

Seriously though I went to a Catholic funeral a couple of weeks back, and was suited and booted before a Priest who was muttering all sorts of incantations over the coffin, I loved the person who it was for, and as a mark of respect, bowed my head when the holy water was being sprinkled about, and hymns were sung, and prayers to Mary were directed. afterwards my brother said to me, you stuck out like a sore thumb there, you "looked right shifty".......lol guess in a suit then I do look like a JW.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

nope. I was counseled all the freaking time about my dress, and how I need to look more like a true christian'.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Only looked like a witness during the meetings and field service.

Though, being a kid in school in the 70's and 80's it sucked having short hair. Totally stood out.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Yep. Still do. I was at a "Ex-JW Meetup" a few months ago and a few people said I looked like I just got out of Bethel. I'm pretty Harvard-esque when it comes to how I dress, etc. I can't see that changing too much (I prefer it).

Bradley

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yes I did!!

• Prisca
    Prisca

I used to look so much like a JW that people used to ask if I was a pioneer. I'd then say no, I'm not, why do you ask? And they'd reply that it was because I looked like a pioneer.

I'm serious!!!

• minimus
    minimus

NO I DIDN'T. I looked like an elder.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

How do you look like a Jehovahs witness?

• be wise
    be wise

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Somebody post a pic of a JW or a typical example of JW dress ...PLEASE. I don't have any, it would make my day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit