Another mass shooting, three or four hours ago.

by James Mixon 238 Replies latest social current

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I caught that interview of the Police Chief of San Bernadino on CNN last night. Again today they say there is ''no motive'' apparently.

The Police Chief says ''they haven't ruled out terrorism''.

• flipper
    flipper

Mass shootings on a regular basis are a symptom of the direction society is going. Take away guns or make them illegal won't do a damned thing other than change the killing methods.

Any illegal commodity has always been available just about anywhere. Prohibition era, drug laws, censorship etc. pretty ineffective.

At age 60 I've seen the actual wages plummet and the lower classes expand.

Think about how frustrating it is for relatively sane people to work 2 jobs and still have trouble. There is a percentage of the population who are "below average" mentally and/or psychologically, have lower social skills and very little earning power.

Meanwhile the rich parade their rather obscene wealth on the evening magazine shows after the news. Eventually the shit will hit the fan.

In history there were organized revolutions but societies were smaller and surveillance was pre- technology. In a country like the US it would be pretty hard to organize a revolution, and anyone who's got there wits about them is probably working to much to have the time...

How do you put a stop to scattered, half-assed, mentally unbalanced revolutions?

Yeah, I know - need to work on positive thinking.

Mrs. Flipper

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

The Russians are a tough people indeed.! Like a lot of Jw's just misled! Maybe gun control will work there?. LOL

Like gun control, limiting someone's postings is the same thing!

I fully expect my postings to be under control. LOL

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Thank you Mrs. Flipper. I agree wholeheartedly.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It was a terrorist attack since the perpetrators were Muslims, its is now known that this attack was weeks and perhaps months in the works.

They cowardly left the building based from the realization they didn't want to endure the pain and suffering that they had inflected onto their victims.

It wasn't just a burst of violence sparked by a verbal argument. The attack most likely happened due to preconceived knowledge of a party grouping that day. the two had dropped off their daughter and went to back to the building to kill with remote controlled bombs etc.

It appears that this is once again Muslim moderates turning into Muslim radical extremist through violent jihadism .

• Simon
    Simon
    It will not stop rampage shootings, at best it will cost the perpetrator(s) more money and maybe save them time.

There is no logical reasoning behind that statement.

If gun control prevents one mass shooter from getting a weapon at all or having to 'make do' with a less efficient killing tool then that can and will save lives.

It's not going to change the day after legislation but over time will diminish. That is the experience of most other countries like the UK where legislation was introduced and the prevalence of guns and frequency of mass shootings went down.

Granted, we only needed one or two incidents to do the sensible thing ... not hundreds per year for many years before we think "wait a minute ..."

This is the US political response to mass shootings:

"hey !"

https://youtu.be/GJoM7V54T-c?t=45

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Despite the obvious Islamic correlation not yet being drawn, there are some things to consider that make it seem near obvious.

1. They are Muslim
    2. Disgruntled workers often don't bring wives along on their killing sprees. The two people committing this seems more jihad flavored.
    3. They were very well armed and dressed in tactical wear, contrary to most peoples idea of america, average people don't have these things just laying around. this was planned and deliberate.
    4. FBI was immediately involved.
    5. The hung around and waited for the ensuing fight with the cop. A double suicide attack is not a disgruntled worker.

If it looks like Mohammed, walks like Mohammed and kills like Mohamed its Islam.

• Simon
    Simon
    Like gun control, limiting someone's postings is the same thing!

Awe, diddums. How you must suffer. Oh the humanity.

Fact: repeated violations of the posting rules and ignoring polite requests not to do something result in restrictions.

Newsflash: idiot on internet thinks rules shouldn't apply to them. Compares restrictions to people's suffering in WWII. More details at 11:00

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Mrs. Flipper makes a good point that truly belongs under a post for mass shootings.

I believe overall society is improving, but those determined to hang on to the ugly past are gonna do much uglier things as their ideas and views get more scarce.

There is just as much a mental health crisis in this country as a gun crisis. And terrorism is even a much more complex animal that can come from at least two of the Abrahamic religious ideas.

I said it before I highly recommend folks watch Mind of Rampage Killer on Netflix. Its a nova program so may be available other places. Its very enlightening.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Mass shootings on a regular basis are a symptom of the direction society is going. Take away guns or make them illegal won't do a damned thing other than change the killing methods. Any illegal commodity has always been available just about anywhere. Prohibition era, drug laws, censorship etc. pretty ineffective.

You will never stop all guns, but that doesn't mean you just give up. Control guns better and you will reduce the problem, not stop it, but reduce it. The statistics show there are less deaths involving guns in countries where they are more difficult to obtain.
    There are sensible measure that can be put into place that would help, but the gun lobby is strong, so nothing will happen until people demand it. Gun control wouldn't have stopped what happened yesterday, but it doesn't mean it won't help at all. It's a start, after that we try to address the problems that are making people want to do things like this. We know some mass shootings involve mental health issues and we know that we have problems in the way we deal with the mentally ill, so get the guns out of their hands, then you can work on the underlying causes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit