WARWICK

by Phoebe 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

As it's highly unlikely I'll ever go to Warwick, I found Lloyd Evans latest video fascinating. I had no idea that the whole 'museum' (if you can call it that) was so big. Notice the credit card machines by the entrance.

It looks pretty awesome to be honest, even though the history bit is somewhat santized - to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRf8u0Ibkww

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

The money all this has cost, too.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No wonder they've run out of money. It looks like they overstretched themselves.

Having no food facilities for visitors is a bit mean. Even JWs visitng the British museum can buy a pizza. That would put me off making any sort of contribution for sure.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I watched this last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd never visit myself either but glad i got to see what they had there.

Credit card machines... really? How very Catholic of them.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Honestly, as a "museum" it was boring as ... even with all the wizzbang displays and lightbox dealy-whoppers I couldn't imagine a more boring tour. I did think of an alternate title for the vid though.

Alternative title : Didn't We Have a Lovely Time The Day We Went To Warwick

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

I'm sure there were a few sphincters at Warwick that puckered when this was released. A member of the A-Team roaming freely about and putting together a documentary under their noses? I guess the holy spirit must have been on vacay that day.

I was surprised at the amount of history on display, although sanitized, it wouldn't take much for someone with an average intellect to ask questions about 1914 etc. Although this assumes there are those on tour willing to take off their blinders.

Bethel has come a long way since I was there in the early eighties. I doubt that any of the present staff would care to live in a three man room in the plywood jungle.

• Listener
    Listener

I was surprised to see them turn up without a pre organized tour booking and they were accommodated. He gave them his real name and they held them up for a short while to see if they could organize it.

Not only has he announced a number of leaks and is an activist but he also managed to get AMII's direct phone number and prank called him.

They might want to put more effort into their security.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Not only has he announced a number of leaks and is an activist but he also managed to get AMII's direct phone number and prank called him.

So may be this shows none of them at the HQ know him or if they know they don't care.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Funnily enough I was surprised they were so worried about getting in (that's obviously why they went with the Bible student guy), after all it's supposedly for the public (as long as they can deal with the numbers no?)

I thought it was interesting that they redacted Maria Russell out of the picture, literally and metaphorically. I wonder if she had pushed for a divorce on grounds of adultery( which she could have done, gracious lady), whether this religion would have turned into the behemoth it has. After all, could an adulterer be the FDS?

The chap accompanying Lloyd is the one who called the police on The Warwick protestors by the way!!!

• zeb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit