WARWICK

by Phoebe 30 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Because you cannot please everyone I think at some point you need to decide who your target audience is because trying to appeal to active jduds and ex-jw communty alike is a bit confusing. When you have recently left your sensitivity to WT criticism is still quite high.

Is he an "activist" or a reviewer? I would call him a reviewer now.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Like him or not, I have to say if it wasn't for Lloyd and also Critical Thinker, I don't think I would have woken up. I always imagined apostates to be a bit more like Mike and Kim (who I was terrified of at first but now I'm a bit more used to them and like them) The John Cedars channel really helped me. I remember him saying 'research, research, research' so I did.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well said phoebe!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes I went to JW survey first it seemed more palatable than the other wesbsites at the time and probly still is for most

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation is commercial farce, no wonder most of its structured doctrines are false.

Perhaps that wasn't the original intent by C Russell because he was deluded by other information that he came upon by other late 19th century Adventists.

The WTS is inherently corrupt nevertheless and that has never been more revealing and obvious now in the present.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I firmly believe if he stuck to being more neutral like Paul Grundy at jwfacts.com that you can then win over still-ins.

But JWfacts is not neutral at all, and it doesn't need to be. As long are you honestly reporting facts, it's ok even if you are not neutral. All of us that are ex-Jws are not neutral, we are on the side that is opposed to the Watchtower, but this is certainly compatible with being honest about facts.

Lloyd is honest about facts, but he is not a reporter. He is an activist, and he has some skin in the game, as many of us do.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Seen it, like it, humorous, and it's just like North Korea.

G.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Lloyd's ego? making money? who cares. He has hurt the Watchtower far more than those complaining about him. And he has done it at a great deal of cost of his time and resources. Why shouldn't he get some pay and the opportunity to boost his self esteem?

• zeb
    zeb

what was the Olin Moyle case ? please.

I care not for any faults that JC may have I have a truck load of my own to live with I feel the reason for the report was to reveal the huge estate the gb et al have built for themselves where they can like the mandarins of old live in 'divine' splendour and like the same built on the backs of serfs and donations extracted under dodgy reasoning.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Marking this for later . I want to see the film. Unlike some I do respect and appreciate Lloyd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit