Anyone notice JW old publications are going way up in price?

by Tobyjones262 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

I have long collected the older books and magazines that show the JWs crazy cult history. They used to be very cheap and I have had people just give me books. But now it seems the older stuff that shows the crazy cult history is really going up in price. A copy of the finished mystery 1917 is in the 100 to 150 range. The harp of god is 30 bucks and up. Some older bound vol. can go for 100 bucks.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Finally something of value in those old fiction books! I got a bunch of them too!

just saying!

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

There's a Divine Plan of the Ages on Etsy for £386.

I'm kid of regretting get rid of a lot of the books now.

• steve2
    steve2

Perhaps this is a new way to fund Warwick's impressive collection of buildings and grand landscaping?

• vienne
    vienne

I buy many antiquarian books, and prices asked have gone up uniformly. Often sellers do not get the ask price. I shop on ebay for material relevant to my research project. Have patience; eventually one will show up for a reasonable price. But with WT stuff, why buy what you can download for free?

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

At least the Watchtower isn't getting the money from those sales.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

One book that I have which I view as 'Golden' is the Proclaimers book. There was a youtube video on kingoffaders which described the Proclaimers book as an 'alternative' to Crisis of Conscience. What ever you, if you have that book, guard it with your dead body.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i must have dumped a small fortune in old watchtower rubbish when i cleared my old dads house out.

why anyone would any of it--for free--beats me. even the watchtower wouldnt want it.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Really, talk about unrighteous riches!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think if Wt ever went bankrupt, the publications would sore in price. Especially from the Russel, Rutherford era. I told my PIMI dad to not through out the older publications. I have the more notorious modern publications e.g Revelation /trinity/ evolution/ red live for ever book as I believe they could be worth a bit of money one day. I even have the first silver sord in it plastic wrapper as a souvenir.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit