Im hearing some say that the Org is about to reverse the No Blood policy - about to change...

by BeaverEater 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Ditto on what Vidiot said. It's all about the $$$ bottom line.

It may become more "don't ask....don't tell".

When mom went to the hospital last time, we simply didn't tell anyone.

The HLC is a moronic circus of intrusive peeping toms.

I simply instructed Hospital admissions that ALL information was confidential.

• Dagney
    Dagney

may become more "don't ask....don't tell".

This^^^

They are going to distance themselves from the rules that require the intrusive policing of the flock that they were all about for decades. It detracts from the corporate goals of real estate/media/lawsuits etc.

The two witness rule is a bit more complicated as it’s an insane defense in a CSA in a court of law or opinion.

👏🏻 waves to Balaam and 3rd!!! ❤️❤️

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Balaamsass2;

""When mom went to the hospital last time, we simply didn't tell anyone.".

Excellent.

But just a heads up. To my knowledge two local elders who serve on HLCs,,, from what I understand are known to go to hospitals and check lists of recently admitted patients to the hospital.

They do this on weekends, or evenings or whenever they can. To track down recently admitted JW patients to hospitals.

Not telling anybody might work. But I know elders do this to form HLCs then JC's to get you.

Just a heads up.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This is because we alllllll know.

In such high regard they hold down to that two witnesses rule. Right?

There has to be ''two present".

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

In the US there are patient privacy laws. So it may be possible to keep one's hospital admittance confidential. Even if the elders did inquire, patient confidentiality would prohibit the hospital staff from divulging what medical treatment the JW received. Moreover, if the elders ask, you doesn't have to tell them every detail of your hospital stay.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

If you REQUEST confidentiality (in the USA) you can get it. Hospitals are held to HIPPA. "A person who knowingly obtains or discloses individually identifiable health information in violation of the Privacy Rule may face a criminal penalty of up to $50,000 and up to one-year imprisonment."

However, I knew of some JWs who worked in Hospital intake, coding, and insurance billing who reported JWs undergoing treatment (requiring blood, STDs, abortions, birth control, transplants) in hospitals to local elders.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Balaamsass:

Thanks for clarifying this.

Here in Canada I'm not aware such HIPPA laws or Privacy things. Or I'm just not familiar with them.

But yeah,, thanks for putting this on here.

Privacy rule,,imprisonment & a $50,000 fine,,wow.

But you gotta watch over your shoulders.. Theres always some rat working in Hospitals,, insurance or data entry who wouldn't hesitate to tell on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit