Im hearing some say that the Org is about to reverse the No Blood policy - about to change...

by BeaverEater 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Uh, I wonder if that is true... hearing this from friends within Bethel... gonna laugh my ass of if they change this...

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Don't hold your breath BeaverEater.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Can you imagine the shock waves throughout the medical community if the cult eased-up and softened on the no-blood doctrine? WT would be making a mockery of tons of hospitals who've bent over backwards to accommodate this senseless WT teaching. The embarrassing situation that dedicated JW nurses & dedicated JW doctors will find themselves in who over the many years have supported the JW anti-blood policy. What about JW elders who over the years have put in tons of time into HLC related hospital visits. How many JW deaths in hospitals due to the no-blood policy have they (elders) witnessed?

I myself know of a few non-JW doctors who have dedicated an enormous amount of time & resources in order to oblige JW patients & their no-blood demands...they (doctors) would be delighted to hear WT has shit-canned this absurd JW no-blood teaching!

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

it may go like this: 'Some brothers reasoned that receiving a blood transfusion is tantamount to consuming blood, and therefore believed that the Bible's prohibitions on blood made it impossible for a Christian to accept blood transfusions. Of course, they were led by their Bible-trained consciences, in light of the understandings of their day. Today, Christians may hold a different view of the meaning of Leviticus 17:10, or Acts 15:28.'

And the Faithful Slave did adjust its understanding and did instruct every man of Spiritual Israel to adjust their understanding likewise. But Jehovah appeared before the Faithful Slave, holding a copy of 'Awake! Youths Who Put God First', and saying, 'What have you done? The blood of these children is crying out to me from the ground.'

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    The blood of these children is 'crying out to me from the ground.'

Not only the children but suicides from shunning as well.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I know someone who had a big operation in recent times. He steeled himself to face the blood issue but when he told them, it was fine. He signed the disclaimer and they went ahead , no problem.... times change.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Blood is a finite resource, in a manner of speaking. Hospitals are always looking for ways to minimize its use, and JWs have occasionally benefitted.

I doubt that they will announce a clear change in direction, because it could open them up to lawsuits and more unwanted attention. But it would not surprise me if they kept hinting that it was now a conscience issue and not a line in the sand. They have weakened the policy so much with the allowance of fractions that easing up on the use of whole blood wouldn't be a scandal.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

They know that a ban on transfusions is not based on God's law. The comparison to taking in blood through the veins is like food through the veins is expanding God's law and like the pharisees did. Jesus rejects that.

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

1) Shut down the HLC (quietly)

2) Stop mentioning blood

🤷🏼‍♂️

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus
    Blood is a finite resource, in a manner of speaking. Hospitals are always looking for ways to minimize its use, and JWs have occasionally benefitted.

I would even say that the hospitals benefited that some JW were the "guinea pigs" to see how low is low.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit