Loyalty? Today's WT The RC. It's a fix!

by Slidin Fast 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

I completely trust the WT to get Micah 6 v 8 right.

After all they've managed to interpret Luke 21 v 8 by telling us when the end will come for 140 years and "exSplane" what Matthew 24 v 34's "generation" really means.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Data Dog, lol, that's the first thing I did. Look it up in Strongs. Then I checked my copy of the Tanakh.

The GB knows your everyday JW won't check anything. They also know JWS aren't bright enough to know they aren't under the Mosaic Law.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good point. For the sake of accuracy though, there are a few translations that use loyalty or faithfulness.

loyalty (ERV,MSG)

faithfulness (HCSB,NET)

See https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Micah%206%3A8

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I have started to look at other references to "loyal, loyalty" and their treatment in the silver ghost bible. The results are disturbing. The terms mercy and kindness seem to have disappeared in favour of loyalty.

They are shooting themselves in the foot with this. Verses of the Bible are like songs they stick in your mind for decades. When I start to read a scripture on this forum I know how it should end even though I left in 1989 and haven't picked up a Bible since.

This will be happening to active JWs when they are told to look at a scripture in a talk or Watchtower study. Their minds will go straight to the old reading of the verse. Some will think, wait, what! This will wake some people up. Especially if they're replacing them all with 'loyalty'. The penny will drop for some.

• zeb
    zeb

Please advise me. I recall a scripture that warns of anyone who changes the word;

'that it be better if he has a millstone around his neck and be flung into the sea.' or some thing like that.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    I'm confused. Isn't the NWT the most accurate bible in the world. Isn't every other bible corrupted by Satan. Are they NOT the faithful and discrete slave?
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    Meh, it's all just a buildup to that Hezekiah Bible drama they have coming out.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Broke my heart to read that paragraph where the mother called the daughter because she was lonely and wanted to visit, then the daughter turned her down and asked her to return to the Org.

This Org is a big time liar!!! They printed on their website that they do not divide families, that they do not shun; then, what is this display of pure evil, abandoning one's parent, a person that according to the Bible we are suppose to honor and care for in their old age???!!!

The WTBTS is a big time liar and a cruel, cruel, family divider organization!!!

I go so upset that just sat there most of the study and refused to comment on any of it. There are some other study gems coming up on baptism and getting them baptized as soon as possible; I plan on missing those meeting altogether. Can't stand it much longer at this point!

DY

• Lieu
    Lieu

Forget the GB ... No eternal life for her 'cause Jesus himself said so:

Matthew 19:16-19 NET

Now someone came up to him and said, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to gain eternal life?" [17] He said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments." [18] "Which ones?" he asked. Jesus replied, "Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, [19] honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as yourself."

Anyone not honoring their mom and pops gets nothing and deserves nothing.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    What these sorts of conversations prove to me is that the Bible is just alphabet soup and sometimes people pick up a spoonful that says one word and sometimes it's another, none is worth hanging your life on. It's all left to the interpretation and the message that the person wants to get through. It is picked through and words are chosen to imbue the meaning that one group of persons wants to hammer home. You can pick a scripture that speaks to love, or one that speaks to the destruction of others, one that is dripping with kindness, or one that is harsh. It isn't worth wasting too much time on anymore for me. I love the catch though in the OP. I find it all interesting. I also find it all to show further that the Bible is a hot mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit