Loyalty? Today's WT The RC. It's a fix!

by Slidin Fast 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Being bothered by the rebranding of the WTBTS = disloyalty to Jeehooberdoober.

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WatchTower is Shameless..

They could put a Picture of this Garden Gnome on the Front of Their Bible..

JWs wouldn`t care..

Image result for mooning garden gnomeImage result for Watchtower Silver bible

.........................Meh..SO WHAT?!!..

Image result for Businessman don`t care

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Outlaw - that was priceless! LOL
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/micah/6-8.htm

Well, I just looked up that scripture at Biblehub and it uses the word loyalty in the original Hebrew. It said, "And humbly covenant loyalty and to love justly."

Take a look yourself.

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo
    Well, I just looked up that scripture at Biblehub and it uses the word loyalty in the original Hebrew. It said, "And humbly covenant loyalty and to love justly."

That's an interlinear, a word for word translation. It doesn't consider multiple-word phrases or context. That's why no bible translation has used "loyalty" in that scripture. If wt is going base their decision to use "loyalty" on this interlinear, that is the epitome of cherrypicking.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    And I wonder how many will actually quit their jobs just so they can attend the Friday session of this Grand Boasting Session. Are they going to be loyal to joke-hova even if it means losing all their means of sustenance and they cannot find another job in this time before the economic collapse?
  • Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

In the German revised NWT they use "loyale Liebe zu üben."

That even has a completely different meaning than the English revised NWT. In German it means to exercise loyal love. The english version "to cherish loyalty" not even has love in it.

Before it was in German "Güte zu lieben", which means to "love kindness", which also has a different meaning.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Bible Hubs translation is incorrect.

Those letters are "chsd" not "ese". The word is kindness, not loyalty.

I only took one semester of Ulpan at the Hebrew University and know that's not even close to the correct letters, let alone correct word.

They could simply ask a Hassid rabbi, they're all over NYC. They'd be happy to share the scroll and discuss the meaning and put some knowledge out there.

• SadElder
    SadElder

They ruined my favorite scripture in this "new and unimproved" version.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I have started to look at other references to "loyal, loyalty" and their treatment in the silver ghost bible. The results are disturbing. The terms mercy and kindness seem to have disappeared in favour of loyalty. Just to be clear, if this seems like a sweeping statement I would have to put my hands up. I have of course not examined every instance, life is too short but I think there is a clear pattern emerging.

IMO they are not just an innocent example of incompetence, they represent an attempt to further browbeat the faithful into blind obedience. This in view of a whole assembly being based on this misleading concept is a dark, chilling development. It doesn't seem innocent or well-meaning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit