Loyalty? Today's WT The RC. It's a fix!

by Slidin Fast 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Today's Wt has the below scripture as it's theme. Friday of the RC has the same as it's theme. The silver NWT is alone in using the word LOYALTY in this verse. Out of 37 translations not one uses the word loyalty . They are again misleading the flock. Wouldn't you prefer to hear about mercy or kindness, that's how the scripture is normally translated.

Micah 6:8 (Revised NWT)

8 He has told you, O man, what is good.And what is Jehovah requiring of you?Only to exercise justice, to cherish loyalty,And to walk in modesty with your God!

Micah 6:8 (Reference NWT)
    8 He has told you O earthing man, what is good.
    And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to
    exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest
    in walking with your God.

The demand for loyalty is down to dubdom and dubdom alone. Check out the other days theme scriptures.
    How they love to manipulate.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Yes, that's definitely a good catch as to how they twist the translation to their liking.

In JW-dom "loyalty" trumps "mercy" and "kindness".

Loyalty to the JW hierarchy and their policies is what's most important to them.

Everything is for the benefit and profit of the 0rganization.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    To change thier new bible which is now a few years old to say loyalty tells me that the number of ones leaving is a big problem for them.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    That's strange, that was one of their go to scriptures when they wanted to make God sound loving and merciful. I'd like to see how they went from kindness to loyalty. My guess is that the word could also denote loyalty which would be shown through kind acts. The original writers probably had in mind family, friends, and fellow Israelites not a religious corporation.
  • Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

Yes, to "love kindness" is absolutely not the same as "cherish loyalty"

It creates a completely different mental picture.

Are we to believe that mankind mistranslated the two things God wants us to do up until watchtower got it right in the year 2013?

• Lieu
    Lieu
    My goodness!!! Those two aren't even synonyms. It's an outright change of verse. Ooooh! Ooooh! BAD
  • baker
    baker
    WT hasn't got much right since they changed "cross" to torture stake and "crucify " to Impale. Another mistranslation comes to mind is "believe" to exercise faith...
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just looked in my handy Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, and can't even find "loyalty" in relation to the words used at Micha 6:8. The root Hebrew word that denotes mercy is # 2617 [ checed or kheh'-sed ] from the root # 2616 [ chacad kwah-sad ], which means kindliness, mercy, merciful, pity, and sometimes refers to reproof, but very rarely.

Unless I missed something ( I'm no Bible scholar and don't make that claim..) the experts at the WTBTS have either lost their ability to read, or have deliberately mistranslated this passage.

DD

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

So these scriptures (Micah 6:8 is not alone) are used to emphasise the current focus on loyalty.

Loyalty = complete mindless obedience

The focus of loyalty = Jehovah

Jehovah = Jehovah's organisation

Jehovah's organisation = anyone higher ranked than you.

Truly disturbing heh, how one word can brazenly be misused.

Are you looking forward to the RC?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    My god, I remember it as 'to love kindness' and I haven't been for years. What about the people who also remember it, doesn't it bother them the way it's been changed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit