Who Qualifies for TTATT?

by John Aquila 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

When I first learn TTATT I started telling “EVERY ONE”

And it got me in trouble. I lost my family and many friends. But I’m telling you this; I’m the type of person that just couldn’t live a fake life.I was already getting fed up with the hypocrisy. I wouldn’t be able to keep going to the Kingdom Hall, field service, and conventions knowing what the WT really is. I’m just not wired that way.

I’m rethinking my whole view on who should become aware of TTATT and who doesn’t qualify.

Let me give you some examples on who doesn’t qualify to become aware of TTATT. And I think we should stay far away from them.

I know of couple of JWs who are elders and both are quadriplegic. One of them is in his late 50s married to a young sister probably in her late 30s. She married him because of his determination to be an elder or what they call a “SPRITUAL MAN”. This man has what he has because of being a Jehovah Witness. He gets all the respect that is given to elders and more because of his handicap. He is looking forward to getting his body restored and being with his wife forever. TTATT will not help him, it will destroy him.

The second JW is in his 20s and also an elder. He is busy giving talks, and doing all the elder stuff and looking forward to the NEW ORDER. All his family are JWs. Every JW that knows him gives him plenty of adulation, and this has him in a good, happy mood most of the time. This man does not qualify for TTATT. It would destroy him.

A sister in her late 50s. Pioneered since her Teens and still pioneering. Gave up having children and her husband just died. She has no family at all and barely makes ends meet. The JWs help her from time to time and most respect that she has sacrificed her life for the Truth. This lady does not qualify for TTAT. It would destroy her at that age and she has no resources.

Children- They all qualify. A parent who knows TTATT should do all in His/Her power to make them aware of TTATT so their lives are not ruin.

Who else does not qualify for TTATT?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Call me overly optimistic if you want, but I still believe everyone's life could improve substantially by freeing themselves of controlling cults and theism of all kinds.

But some people will not make that transition in a healthy way that will enable them to put themselves together after they are disassembled by learning TTATT.

Everyone could not not all would.

I know people who have done terrible things in jehoopla's name, who probably now know it's all BS. The transition wouldn't be a positive thing for them--accepting they did those evil deeds in the service of bad men and lies instead of the Almighty.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I get your point, I really do. But I am nonetheless absolutely convinced that knowing the real truth is better than believing lies.

I just do.

Honestly, none of this would be a problem if the WTBTS wasn't a hierarchical, authoritarian cult that enforces institutionalized shunning of anyone that dares disagree with their pack of lies.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Good points, keep them coming.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

From my experience I'd say that you need a combination of integrity and curiosity. Integrity is first and foremost and curiosity follows.

Without integrity you'll be likely to stay in no matter how curious.

Without curiosity but with integrity you may stay in for a while but your integrity will eventually catch up for some reason and you'll be out.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I get it. My elderly mother is an example. Well into her 80s, widowed, but very active in her Cong. Her little clique of the old gals at the Hall is her life. She's not involved with anyone else (worldly friends or family) unless it would be someone she "calls on" regularly in FS. In the Old Gal Network, they check on each other. They call each other on non-meeting days (I guess to check if any of them have died). The ones who still drive pick up the others for FS and meetings etc. TTATT is not for her.

I have spoken frankly to her about many of the problems. She old, but not dead, and not senile. She admits to all the problems. She sees that "the generation" that would not die is dead. She's beginning to accept that she'll die too. No coasting into Panda Paradise. But why should she start over. None of those other religions are any better, so she might as well stay in this one. It's all she knows. She's happy.

Doc

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I side with John, some people are better left alone. ive and let live. I'm still BELEIVER AND PRAYED TO Jehovah to show me TTATT, I wanted to see if with my own eyes. This very act gave me courage to research without guilt and put the pieces of the puzzle together. Most of my bible based beleifs are intact, AWAY from any organization.

I've always leaned towards non conformity and freedom is very dear to me. I study an research more than ever now that I'm out. Trying to keep up with the WT reading was basically just busy work standing in the same place and not progressing in knowledge.

• zophar
    zophar

There are millions of people in "Christian" and "Non Christian" religions who receive great comfort from their "Faith" or religion. Of course, they can't all be "the truth" if any of them are. Nevertheless their religion gives them a certain comfort. Is it our responsibility to enlighten them an try to convince them they are wrong? I'm in line with your thinking John. In fact, isn't your mother sort of one of those, if I remember your story correctly.

Recently, a close friend lost his wife to a prolonged and painful illness. I would feel wrong about trying to show him the flaws of JW's and take his hope away. Of course, should he indicate a curiosity in the future it might open itself to share something with him, but I think you are on the right track with your thinking. It is a kindness to deal with a friend that way.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I would like to add that just because I am convinced that people are better of believing what is true rather than falsehoods and lies, I do not think it is my responsibility (or anyone else's for that matter) to go around pointing out other people's delusions.

But if they come around here trying to push their bullshit on me, then they have asked for it.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    I agree with John Aquila too there are many who don't qualify but definitely children do... little by little i have been reasoning with my child about it... recently he was talking abt a girl he likes in school & asked me "mommy does she have to be a JW"& i said " bebé do you think it matters to God that she isn't a JW or that she believes In Him & in Jesus?" Of course he responded the latter, kids are smart they are just used to a routine & need to fill the void with other Activities like sports, etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit