Who Qualifies for TTATT?

by John Aquila 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

John Aquila - "Who qualifies for TTATT?''

Anyone who genuinely wants to hear it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I’ve known a few, even one who was high up in the hierarchy with lots of firsthand insider information (at least as of 40 years ago). Basically their thought is to keep a lid on the matter because “you don’t know how a person is going to handle it”. They might go off the rails…at least from their perspective. So they keep what they know to themselves.

On the other hand, Steven Hassan has said that he operates under the assumptions that nobody wants to be deceived and everyone wants freedom. I forgot his exact words, so I’m paraphrasing from hazy memory.

Of course, personally, I don’t try to enlighten JWs in my area…that might be bad for my fade. Besides, they are almost impossible to reason with, even when presented the facts face to face. But if a person is on the internet, looking for answers, then they definitely are ready to educate themselves.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

In the interest of all the news of Borg recently I was thinking. John really makes a good point. Sometimes we really try to wake people up. The org is broke and even the rank and file can see it. Even JW Broadcasting had it posted recently with their "announcement" - even though it had some spin, I think most jdubs can see through it. My wife saw it and she's hard core and she saw through it.

I think people maybe at this point waking up more on their own, more than by us. It's like not having to paddle in a boat cause the stream is taking you there. The borg is taking them there now. All the Bethel layoffs, downsizing, mags half there size, no more DO's come on, we've all heard this, ya'll know.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ LevelThePlayingField...

I think you may be onto something.

The WTS is often, after all, its own worst enemy.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force
    My daughter has woken up, although she was never baptised. One of the major reasons was the way I was talked about and treated since I turned my back on the bOrg. I did not talk TTATT to my daughter, the bOrg and the loving brothers and sisters in the congregation drove her away with their vileness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit