Who Qualifies for TTATT?

by John Aquila 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

I wouldn't say who qualifies really.....I would say who would benefit.

I feel JWs with a strong sense of justice and a good moral compass would benefit from knowing TTATT, as these are the ones that see the injustice in WT and it bothers them.

JWs who don't really care about anyone apart from their imediate faimily and their own progress in WT would not benefit. Some of these actually do know TTATT and live a fake life.

Kate xx

• kookie
    kookie

I agree also with John many have been in the religion for decades, they have their social life friends and gatherings, many older ones that came in from the outside gave up their friends they would have to start all over again, they have a new net work of friends at least in the KH, I think its dangerous to tell the TATT to ones that this is all they have.

I think a lot have doubts but push them aside as the KH is still better than they believe is outside, and they are happy just cruising along as many have their families and friend work mates.

There are some that just would not cope mentally or emotionally, and suicide is not uncommon among JW.

The younger ones, or young families could cope. Older Single ones I think should be left alone.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Diogenesister
    This is what kills me about loosing my faith, the pain of knowing the universe is profoundly indifferent to us, faced with such suffering

Yea, ,me to!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Sometimes the TTATT is like a,... well,.. a malignant tumor that has wrapped itself around a person spinal cord to the point where surgery is not an option as it could paralyze the person. I think what determines the option for telling them or not is just how bad the tumor is entangled with the cord and if the health of the person (mental health) can take the tedious surgery to remove the tumor.

I think there are Jws that I know that would not be able to "take it" and would crash and burn upon trying to hear the TTATT. A few of them, if handcuffed to a table, would beat their head against the table to try to knock themselves out before listening to TTATT.

NJY

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder
    @Oliva Wilder - it really depended on the person. In many cases it was the contradictions in the blood policy. In a few others I used the Bible/Strongs/Interlinear and showed them how the Greek word for marking and disfellowshipping are the same word and helped them reason on the significance of that. I also talked about other cults and the techniques they use on their followers.
  • JWchange
    JWchange
    Very thought inspiring comment John. It shows that ex JWs are not vindictive people who want to harm current JWs just for the sake of principle. In my opinion, Karma and all that applies to your thoughts. BTW the 20's year old Elder and his family are 'game' for TTATT as far as i am concerned.
  • warehouse
    warehouse

This whole thread is so awesome, on so many levels.

• 4thgen
    4thgen

John, Thank you for starting this post and all the others. You are a lively contributor to this site. You have started many thought provoking threads. Excellent points. Isn’t it great to be able to be on this site and have open and frank discussions over ideas and even discuss specific wording?

• Old Major
    Old Major

Interesting thread.

I make it a rule of thumb to NEVER mention anything that smells of TTATT. The only time I do, is when someone might say something "controversial", then i try to carry the conversation on and add my own thoughts.

I believe given the right circumstances, anyone can wake up.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse
    Divergent. Check your mailbox.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit