BREXIT

by ScottyRex 44 Replies latest members politics

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

As the clock ticks down, I just wish our politicians would get on with it. I think Teresa May has had a bitch of a job in the last couple of years and wish her well. As a once Labour supporter I could not under any circumstance support them again under Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbot.

I voted out, and do still have hope that the UK will prosper free of Europe. What are your thoughts on this...?

• Olig
    Olig

You voted Brexit??? YOU RACIST!! 😉 Only joking...

I think it will be all ok in the end, all this scaremongering is just riling people up for media attention... I also think no-deal hasn't been taken off the table as a way of making EU concede to more talks.

I think both parties are as bad as each other when it comes to cocking things up. Then again I am also very Naive

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’m still hoping it doesn’t happen. Or we become independent soon in Scotland and reverse it.

• Olig
    Olig

I heard an economist say that Scotland may become a 3rd world country after Brexit. I'm not sure things will improve that much but we can always hope 😉

We all love a bit of brexit-banter...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The economic disadvantages that Scotland has faced have been a result of being part of the UK, such as the hollowing out of its traditional industries under Thatcher, and the concentration of tertiary industry to London under Blair. And the advantages such as oil, renewables, tourism, strong institutions, are intrinsic to Scotland. The idea that Scotland is too wee, too poor, and too stupid, is put about by unionists who fear independence for the sake of London, not Scotland. And fewer Scots are being taken in. Google the McCrone report.

• cofty
    cofty

It's still possible that a version of May's deal will pass in Parliament. A no-deal Brexit is the outcome most MPs and business leaders want to avoid.

It is the job of the opposition to hold the government to account but the MPs who are working to stop Brexit are acting undemocratically.

Jeremy Corbyn's lack of leadership on Brexit is shameful. He has been a lifelong Euro-skeptic but his fanbase are rampant remoaners. The Labour party are tearing themselves apart.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Better informed is better judged...we're nearly 3 yrs on from the brexit referendom,it's not undemocratic to allow another vote given that we understand the consequences of leaving the European union ..even the government who are desperately trying to secure a deal ( which looks like being a cuddle up divorce) understand the economic negative effect on the country. Better to stay in and fight our corner, as the UK has already done and have been greatly influential to our benefit as part of the eu this whole devisive and costly affair..and ongoing...was brought about by ex pm Cameron caving in to the whims of the Tory ultra right and their ukip cohorts who stirred up the exaggerated immigration forecast dismissing the fact we need immigration to grease the wheels of many institutions and commerce (a fact which has become increasingly apparent). Both houses of government are overwhelmingly a majority for remain, as was the very person who is tasked with taking us out (the pm). Imo the whole thing is a costly devisive mistake and should be put back to the people for a much better informed choice, bearing in mind the brexit ref'was advisary..well now we have better advice and consequential information than three years ago.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

I am sorry but I believe The UK is lost. As Kahn's London is full of rape and stabbings now and Muslims destroying a once great proud culture the left doubles down on crazy. The same idiot asshats are trying it here. With the AOC and her just out and out stupidity to the tow terrorists Minnesota and Michigan elected to the house. We here are pushing back. Its looking like Trump is going to get in for a second term. The left here is gearing up for an impeachment in 2020 to try to stop a second term. We will see. The left has lost its collective mind.

• Olig
    Olig

Spot on Toby lad!

• cofty
    cofty
    Better to stay in and fight our corner - Galaxie

David Cameron spent weeks pleading with the EU to make concessions and came home empty handed. Macron and Mini-Merkel are doubling down on total political union. Saying we are better staying in the EU and trying to reform it is as pointless as staying in the Watchtower and trying to affect change. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get out of an overbearing bureaucracy.

Toby - you need to get your information from better sources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit