WoMD ... so where are they?

by Simon 865 Replies latest social current

• dubla
    dubla

rem-

thanks......and you summed it up nicely. its frustrating when you get tossed into the "bush disciple" crowd just because you back the decision to dethrone saddam, and suddenly you supposedly believe everything thats fed to you from the media.........yet most of the same people treat any antiwar, and/or antius propaganda as if its the most reliable information on the entire planet......"youve been lied to by the u.s. governement....but my sources never lie to me!" (theres quite a few examples of that line of thought on this thread alone). bottom line, as you said, there are agendas on both sides, and both sides will bend the truth to fit theirs.....common sense and logic can come into play for those that wish to form objective opinions on the issues.

aa

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Dubla

I think you are in a minority of people who think that the war was justified. You are entitled to your opinion but you should really read things that are posted before answering them, it helps you know!

The British newspapers, even the ones that supported the war, are asking difficult questions and are ripping the official evidence to shreads.

Maybe you don't watch any other news than the extremely biased Fox News, for which a British journalist said the other night 'the most pro-government journalism he had ever had the mis-fortune to see'.

John Simpson, on the documentary the other night, said that he watched all the Arab news and the American news and the Arab news was less 'anti-american' than the American news was 'pro-american.'

Surely this gives the public a lob-sided view of the war, especially when the public are shown a highly edited and sanitised view of the war.

Are you sure your not George Bush, and just can't spell your nickname correctly?

Pleasuredome,

Wasting your time mate, you've proved your point well, but no-ones listening.

• dubla
    dubla

search-

think you are in a minority of people who think that the war was justified. You are entitled to your opinion but you should really read things that are posted before answering them, it helps you know!

what have i supposedly answered without reading? or was that just an attempt at humor? as far as being in the minority, i dont have a problem with being on the outside of the herd.

The British newspapers, even the ones that supported the war, are asking difficult questions and are ripping the official evidence to shreads.

here come a repeat....the "evidence" is never what caused me to believe that saddam had wmd, and the reasons ive given have yet to be refuted with any type of reasonable explanation.

Maybe you don't watch any other news than the extremely biased Fox News

actually, our cable company doesnt even carry fox news. usually i try to stay away from the news channels at home, but when i do watch, its the extremely liberal cnn that gets switched on. i try to refrain from using fox news quotes on here (and the majority of the ones i have used are actually ap quotes that have just been re-run on fox), so that i wont be accused of reguritating the "extremely biased fox news"....nice try though.

John Simpson, on the documentary the other night, said that he watched all the Arab news and the American news and the Arab news was less 'anti-american' than the American news was 'pro-american.'

wow......well, thats enough for me....im done watching any american news, and im switching to 100% arab news all because of john simpsons opinion.

Surely this gives the public a lob-sided view of the war, especially when the public are shown a highly edited and sanitised view of the war.

what "lop-sided" view of the war do you imagine i have?

Are you sure your not George Bush, and just can't spell your nickname correctly?

im not sure how many times on one thread i have to reiterate that i dont follow gwb blindly, and that i believe all politicians lie. how has anything ive said on this thread shown that im a big bush disciple? examples please? this is really getting ridiculous. you guys continually make yourself look bad (and in turn, your side of the issues) with preposterous statements like this.

aa

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Dubla,

I'm a bit confused...as normal after reading your posts.

you said:

here come a repeat....the "evidence" is never what caused me to believe that saddam had wmd, and the reasons ive given have yet to be refuted with any type of reasonable explanation.

If you didn't use the 'evidence' to cause you to believe that Saddam had WMD, what did you use, ESP or maybe a crystal ball?

How did you know, when the government tried it's damndest to convince everyone else?

And the fact that you 'knew' that Saddam had WMD has been proven wrong, hasn't it?

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth
    Last Updated: Monday, 9 June, 2003, 07:50 GMT 08:50 UK altalt
    alt E-mail this to a friend alt Printable version
    Blunkett regrets Iraq dossier
    Alastair Campbell and Tony Blair Campbell expressed concern about the dossier
    The British Government should never have published its controversial second dossier on Iraq's weapons, Home Secretary David Blunkett has said.

He said reports on the document - widely criticised when it emerged part of it was copied from a US student's thesis - had turned into "the most absurd political story in the whole of my lifetime".

His comments came as the government admitted it had written to the intelligence and security services admitting there were failings in February's dossier, the second on Iraq.

A Downing Street spokesman said Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair's director of communications, had told the agencies "far greater care" would be taken in dealing with anything which might impact on their reputation and work.

Two Iraq dossiers Sept 2002: claimed Iraq had a continuing programme of chemical and biological weapons and had tried to acquire nuclear material from Africa Feb 2003: drawn from a number of sources, but labelled "dodgy dossier" because parts plagiarised from 12-year-old thesis

Number 10 has denied Mr Campbell's intervention amounts to an apology.

But veteran Labour MP Tam Dalyell, who vehemently opposed war on Iraq, said it was "the first proof of how badly the government handled intelligence on the basis of which we went to war".

The prime minister is under increasing pressure over the way the government made the case for war in Iraq, with coalition forces yet to find weapons of mass destruction.

Environment Secretary Margaret Beckett said that she did not think the row over dossiers released by the government were the central issue in post-Saddam Iraq.

She said that with "all the difficulties" things were a "great deal better" without the Iraqi dictator and that people were "fed up" with journalists trawling through the details of what the government said.

'Smoking gun'

The Conservatives have repeatedly called for an independent inquiry into whether intelligence documents were changed on the orders of Downing Street to strengthen the case for military action.

Meanwhile, intelligence officers are holding a "smoking gun" showing they came under pressure for evidence to use against Iraq in the run-up to the conflict, it is reported.

The Independent on Sunday said intelligence services were so concerned about demands made by Downing Street they kept detailed records of communications with the prime minister's staff.

MI6 building in London Security bosses were told procedures would be tightened
    Mr Blunkett told BBC One's The Politics Show: "I think it would be better if we hadn't published that dossier because it was about the background to Iraq - it wasn't about the identification of weapons of mass destruction.

"I think it was just an honest appraisal by Alastair Campbell, and I think we should draw a line under what has now become the most absurd political story in the whole of my lifetime...

"The truth is the people of Iraq are freed from a tyrant."

Robin Cook, who resigned as Commons leader over the war, said it would be "grotesquely unfair" if Mr Campbell was made a scapegoat over the government's use of intelligence information on Iraq.

Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith told the BBC's Breakfast with Frost programme Mr Blair's credibility was "on the line".

Committees' inquiries

But Chancellor Gordon Brown insisted that "the evidence and history will prove that Tony Blair made a courageous and the right decision over Iraq".

"I believe that all countries, when we passed the UN resolution... believed that there were and are weapons of mass destruction," he told the programme.

The second dossier, entitled Iraq: Its Infrastructure of Concealment, Deception and Intimidation, was distributed to journalists on Mr Blair's trip to Washington to discuss plans for war.

The Sunday Telegraph claims it was not first cleared by the Joint Intelligence Committee before being published.

That committee approved the first dossier, published in September, which is now subject to an inquiry by the Commons foreign affairs select committee.

The Intelligence and Security Committee is also investigating that report, which the government denies was doctored in order to muster support for war.

BBC REPORT TODAY>

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

dubla

the issue's always closed where you're concerned

did you not come to the conclusion of agreeing to disagree?

none of us are going to prove anything on this subject. it's just opinions. but you keep going on all the time like you've got something to prove, like as if you're more superior and more knoweldable than anyone else and when it comes to relate what you actually know without pasting a load of links or copying text from another site you fail miserably. you're fast becoming a complete bore.

you're right in your eyes, i'm right in mine.

• dubla
    dubla

search-

talk about not reading before you answer....

If you didn't use the 'evidence' to cause you to believe that Saddam had WMD, what did you use, ESP or maybe a crystal ball?

How did you know, when the government tried it's damndest to convince everyone else?

try reading over my posts on this thread.....ive repeated the reasons for my personal belief about 3000 times. its common courtesy to at least read a persons posts on an issue if you want to discuss it with them.

And the fact that you 'knew' that Saddam had WMD has been proven wrong, hasn't it?

i dont see how? it could be proven wrong though, only time will tell. and ive never said "i know for a fact saddam has wmd"......"i believe he has them", and "id be shocked if nothing turns up" is a bit different....im not in iraq, its only my opinion.

aa

• rem
    rem

I think the fact that we haven't found Saddam yet proves that he never existed.

rem

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    im not in iraq, its only my opinion.

search.... thats all it is. just let him wallow in his opinions. like anything has changed since the start of this thread because of them.

• dubla
    dubla

pleasure-

the issue's always closed where you're concerned

clever.

did you not come to the conclusion of agreeing to disagree?

yes i did....that doesnt mean youre not free to try and respond to the mountain of points i made, but either way is fine with me. you started the discussion, and we can end it here.

but you keep going on all the time like you've got something to prove, like as if you're more superior and more knoweldable than anyone else

do i live in a fantasy world filled with bad guys and conspiracies? no. am i the most knowledgeable guy on here? far from it. and i have nothing to prove, it was in fact you that adressed me first on the subject....im always willing to discuss a topic if confronted.

when it comes to relate what you actually know without pasting a load of links or copying text from another site you fail miserably

yes, i am indeed guilty of actually backing up my opinions with other sources .

you're fast becoming a complete bore.

im sure most everything outside of the national inquirer probably bores you eventually.....the real world doesnt stack up to the fantasy world when it comes to excitement.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit