What did you do to keep yourself amused at the KH?

by be wise 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• careful fader
    careful fader

I used to time how long I could hold my breath. I got pretty good . . . as much as 2 minutes. Had to be really careful on the exhale though. I couldn't let it out really fast, or else everyone would know what I was doing . . . .hehe

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I am easily mesmerized by pretty shoes...

ESTEE

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

It was easy for me cuz I was the sound person. I would be back there in my litle booth. I would make sure that someone was running the mics, then I would tune out. I made sure that ALL the mics were always turned on so I wouldnt miss anything. I had the songs pre-programmed (3 disk changer) so all I had to do was hit play!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

going each hour to my car, to walk the dogs out and give them fresh water. had an excuse: coul'nt leave the poor beast the whole day in the car, since none of our family was willing to take care for them once we were going to a congress. (every other opportunity - just for fun - gave no problem at all)

Glad I'm out.
    Country_Woman

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I basically did the same things mentioned here. When I was younger and my mom would let me sit with one of my friends ( until there was a talk about only sitting with your own family ), my friend and I would turn to the book of Job, and we would read the scriptures and see who could come up with the most jobs mentioned.Kept us busy for a while, and it looked like we were paying attention. I used to study the maps in the back of the bible too. I wanted to draw or write notes, but the only time I was allowed pen and paper was at the assemblies, and then my mom would make sure we weren't drawing or writing anything that didn't pertain to the talks being given.

As an adult, whenever one of the kids would fuss ( I always secretly hoped they would ) I would run them back to the baby room and find an excuse to stay back there the rest of the meeting. If the kids were behaving, I would daydream and wish I was somewhere else!

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I used to fall asleep.

• shamus
    shamus

We were bad....

When not drawing and defaming the brothers and sisters on the Watchtower, my roommates and I would walk-out half way through a meeting and go to the bar. We'd play pool till 2 in the morning. We once went over 1 month doing this, on the ministry school meeting night, and a MS mouthed the words... come on!. T, my roomie just smiled, lifted his jacket and showed his pager, like he was getting called into work.

It was much more fun getting drunk and playing pool.....

One sunday, we went to a buddies house and got absolutley hosed on a keg of beer... missing the WT study altogether. Those were the daze...

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

getting drunk BEFORE the meeting was a cool hobby of ours.... my brother used to make these really whacky comments in the watchtower study, had us laughing ....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Daydream

Doze off - Ever found yourself still turning to the scritures while asleep??

Read the Bible, finding some interesting bits. (I believe half the cong may be doing this if it is a bad speaker)

Play "The Band Game", in my mind . Think of a rock band beginning with A, then B & so on , or you follow the first name with a band beginning with the last letter of their name,discounting S because it is too popular

I still attend some meetings, and have found that caffiene tablets do a lot to keep you awake and stop the wife having to give you a hefty nudge. Sold in the UK as "Pro Plus"... 3 of these little beauties should keep the mind conscious during the most soporific public talk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit