What did you do to keep yourself amused at the KH?

by be wise 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• obiwan
    obiwan

Myself and a couple of buddies would listen very carefully to the speaker and catch every word or phrase he would mess up on and joke about it.

• enlightened
    enlightened

Wondering what everyone looked like w/ there clothes off....... wouldn't we be naked in Paradise?

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I'd repeat mentally every word that was being said from the platform. I was a good dub!

These are a few of the things I do now to keep myself sane when I am there:

1) I practice the times table

2) I print out information from this board,then I go over it there

3) I plan my family's weekly menus

4) grocery list

5) read the Bible

wannaexit

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Whenever you see or hear the word "God", substitute "Dog". You will get some surprisingly funny results - such as "Noah - he walked with dog".

Also, when at a District Convention at a hocky arena or football stadium, in my younger days I would pretend that there was a game on. Sometimes, I would mentally play, other times I would just watch.

• shera
    shera

I was more busy taking my daughter to the back room,because she screamed her way threw them most of the time.

When that wasn't going on,I'd day dream like the rest or I'd be suffering from hangovers.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Lets see if I can remember a few:

1. Take notes, which included critiqueing the speakers dress, style of speach. Times he/she used word wiskers ect...

2. Used the literature as a message code, ie: circling letters to make statements about how I felt about the material.

3. Blacking out all the "o" and other letters with circles, just for fun.

4. Making dirty words outa the sentences, lol

5. Drawing pictures

6. Reading other things wrapped in the literature, doing homework

7. Staying the whole meeting in the bathroom, gossiping with the sisters

8. Walking around outside

9. Wrote letters to my friends and family, brought them up on the current peeps in the cong.

10. Made my shopping list

11. Made paper airplanes

12. Oragami

13. Made list of anything I could think of......how many times the word god, jesus, bible ect...oh yeah and sex was used

14. Made faces at the little kids in front of me

15. Kept my kids entertained doing most of the above too

My son used to make cartoons out of the corner of the books, the kind you can flip and make them animated, used to crack me up! He is such a tallented artist I hated to see it go to waste by making him sit still and pay attention. He also drew pictures of guns, motorcycles and later characters for computer games which he made. It kept us entertained and the time just flew by at the meetings. I actually started hating for the songs between meetings and after meetings (something I used to look forward to). It was an intrusion to our fun........lol okay I was a bad influence.

Hummm, maybe I shoulda paid more than the usual attention at the meetings.......NOT!

Katie

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

In my mind, I would go to a happy place!

• madamewalker
    madamewalker

I vividly remember packing my father's binoculars to bring to District Conventions so I could see people way across the arena .. hee hee.

At meetings though, I would critique outfits, hairdos, check out who was sleeping and how long ... who came in late and who was hanging out in the bathroom ...

Actually there was a brother who, in a normal world would have been revered, as he was a world renowned ballet dancer and his comments always had this 'worldly' edge that would raise eyebrows in the rank and file; I always looked forward to them because they were actually sincere and not JW rhetoric.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I contemplated my sexy shoes....figured out which pair I needed to buy next.....

ESTEE

• Carmel
    Carmel

I used to count the holes in the ceiling tiles until I got older and then used to sneak the "Mad" comic into the KH disguised inside the literature. It was hard to keep from laughing out loud at "What, Me Worry?"

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit