Lurkers - Confused

by Mystery 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• be wise
    be wise

I was never allowed to realise back then, that apostates are really nice people [tear in my eye].

• Maverick
    Maverick

It seems to me the only way a person could get caught by the Pharisees is if he/she were to brag or confess to an active J-dud about their posting or give out facts that require special knowledge of events or persons in a given place. Most people give it up too easily. The J-dud Masters will bluff if they can. Or record your phone calls and then set you up. When they come for you their goal is to sand-bag you and give you no chance to fight back...the big pussies! Call their bluff, or better yet act stupid...this they understand. Maverick

• Mystery
    Mystery

Since I faded and didn't disassociate myself due to my family it is something to think about. I live pretty far away from them now and have been out over 20 years, so I guess I am not as concerned with it as some may be. But, it could happen. It is pathetic that JW's are so desperate to DF people that they would do this.

They should be spending their time taking care of "their sheep". Even back then the older brothers and sisters were ignored. Once their "usefullness" was used up they were basically put to pasture and overlooked. I remember an older gentleman (like in another post i read) was a grandfather to all of us kids. After he passed away his wife had a really hard time dealing with his death. I would visit her, but basically no one else even gave her the time of day. The had to go in service or study or.... This sister died a lonely woman. I felt so sorry for her. So if any active JW's are ready this - Why Don't You Take Care Of Your Own? Why do you HURT so many that still believe in you?

Anyway - back to the thread. Thank you for all of your responses. I was just a little confused about lurking. I hope God keeps all of you "safe" from any more harm that this "religion" has already caused us.

Deborah

PS: Holy Cheese - your on!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    then there is the ones that look around and maybe are searching for ones to DF

That would be a "Lurking Troll" right? lol

• mouthy
    mouthy

YOO HOO! Jehovahs Witnesses on Board!!!!! My name is GRACE GOUGH.I live at St Jacobs.Ont Canada. No need to hunt me down- Come visit.... Eat with me!!( oops I forgot you mustnt)Well come & sell me some Magizines(Oops I forgot you musnt-I must get them at the KINGDOM HELL) Remember when you used to tell me how spiritually STRONG I was -if I had been a man- I would hold a postion.... Well Guess what guys???? I have a position....I am the cheif Apostate of Ontario. I LOVE the Title. If you came visit I PROMISE you a laugh......

• Dansk
    Dansk

LOL @ Mouthy!

Yep, there are lurkers who just come to read but don't (yet!) post. Welcome!!

Then, there are JWs who come here to spy - PISS OFF!

Dansk

• Mystery
    Mystery

Welcome La-Bellamargarita -

Hope to hear alot from you.

Mystery

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

IME A LURKER. HI

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Heh heh heh... Grace, you kick ass!

You go, girl.

It really floors them when you don't flipping care what they think. They're so used to being so damned important.

• radiolady
    radiolady

Okay...I too need to "come out of the closet"...first I'll offer my apologies for lurking. Everything is just so doggone interesting I forget to add my two cents! I'll read and read for hours and then get tired and go to bed without even offering a contribution! No more! I see how important it is to do whatever I can to encourage everyone as much as I can. I will say this though...I remember for a while there was some sort of difficulty going on...ie: a flame...and it made me nervous...almost like I was afraid to express myself for fear of some sort of reprisal from others. But I realize now that everyone has an opinion and I need to contribute with mine as well. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say, so at the risk of sounding stupid...I just don't say anything. The JW's did that to me. Made me so scared and carefull about every single word that came out of my mouth that I could barely talk when I finally left. I had an experience yesterday that kind of proves my point. I talked to my elder dad who wanted to know how I was doing. I told him the truth...I'm having a hard time right now. It seems like things have just gone from bad to worse. First my fiance' loses his job and then I lost mine last Friday! This gave him the perfect opportunity to tell me that the reason why I'm fianancially destitute and we've lost our jobs is because I have not returned to the KH. I'm thinking..."Sheesh! I shouldn't have said anything!". Instead, I told him "You know, when I was with my ex, and doing "everything right"...we were still financially jacked-up! And it was all his fault!" My dad was making it sound like if I just "returned" that all my financial problems would just "go away"....yeah right! It doesn't make any difference except for the fact that you're going to the KH watching the "elders" who went to school to be mechanical engineers live in nice big houses while they continually tell "the flock" that they should stay away from college! That is a real pet peeve of mine! So I'd like to know how many of us have missed out on great careers doing something we really would have loved to have done, because we were bullied into not going to college? I saw so many cases of young teenagers anxious to get married at 16 or 17 years old only to be trying to support a new baby working someplace where the pay was so low that they had to live at home with one of their parents! Sorry, I got off on a tangent...I have officially ended my lurking! I'm on a dial up now so I'll take me longer to get here and sign in...boy have I gotten spoiled..I miss my cable hookup! Thanks for listening...I'm slowly stepping down off my soapbox hoping I don't trip on my tongue!

Love you guys!

Radiolady

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit