Child Discipline, new article to address Jackson's Royal Commission testimony

by jwfacts 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have published a new article at Watchtower Corporal Punishment, as a response to the testimony that Geoff Jackson gave at the Royal Commission. It includes the relevant part of the transcript, along with a string of Watchtower quotes to show that what he presented was not accurate, and that Watchtower translates rod as a literal implement to hit children with.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain
    Thanks for that. Your time and effort, will hopefully prevent further children from being abused.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Geoff Jackson gave inaccurate, misleading testimony before a Royal Commission while under oath?

How is this possible?

• vinman
    vinman
    I can't remember which Wt. Volumes they are in but I'm sure i can find them if i search. But i clearly remember pictures of an angry dad spanking his child's bare butt with the child crying. I remember them because my brothers would laugh at this particular picture.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    vinman, if you find some pictures, they would be a good addition to the article.
  • Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    This is an excellent, well written article. I always appreciate how you provide ample sources to back up the statements.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Just skimmed so far but as usual looks thorough and brilliant research.

I just want to say thank you, I woke up about 6 months ago and I turned away from other hysterical/ bitter websites before I found yours (recommended on here) which is so balanced, reasonable & logical, it crystalised my doubts and revealed many more inconsistencies about the WTBTS. Thank you for all of your hard work and research allowing me to think clearly again and come out of the guilt laden fog I was in.

i would love to see more from the commission testimony on your site, especially re the infamous 'presumptuous' for which you already have the perfect WT quote on your site:

"Is it presumptuous of Jehovah's Witnesses to point out that they alone have God's backing? Actually, no more so than when the Israelites in Egypt claimed to have God's backing in spite of the Egyptians' belief, or when the first-century Christians claimed to have God's backing to the exclusion of Jewish religionists." Watchtower 2001 Jun 1 p.16

• Sabin
    Sabin

According to the Collins English Dictionary, Corporal punishment is physical punishment, such as caning. Whereas to Spank is to slap with the open hand. Spanking is a series of spanks, usually as a punishment for children.

Corporal punishment was still in force in most of the schools in Europe say in the 60`s & even as far up as the early 80`s. I have never heard from the platform or read any article that say`s you should hit your children with a stick or repeatedly spank them.

I absolutely do believe that because of the WTBTS view that children should be seen & not heard, that they should mind their elder`s at any cost & the general narcissistic, overbearing/ridged teaching`s that are enforced along with the you must be at all meetings/field service/study/participation or you are crap has given what would be already abusive parent`s free rein to abuse more. Couple in the fact that the elders in general couldn't give a shit about young one`s who may present a problem ( just disfellowship them to get them out of the way) these type of parents get away for years with unbelievable acts of cruelty & are able to confidently place the blame on the unrepentant disfellowshipped youth which has members in the cong patting them (the parents) on the back with pity or a well done for staying loyal to Jehovah as they have want to do, re-enforcing their disgusting behaviour as normal.

I think you need to be careful here Paul, if you went to a high school & claimed that they believe in corporal punishment, that you had found written records of kid`s who had this done to them, they would say "yes that did happen then, but nowday`s we don't except that as the right way to treat children".

You will of cause have more written facts than I, I just think if you are planning on going down this road you need something that is from the 90`s. & I can only speak from what I have or have not heard, it may be different for others. It`s just my own thought`s . SABIN.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Jackson absolutely lied through his teeth and the transcript really does him in. Thanks!
  • username
    username

Oubliette The term the watchtower uses is 'theocratic warfare'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit