Child Discipline, new article to address Jackson's Royal Commission testimony

by jwfacts 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Tornintwo - thank you for the kind comments. I would like to write more about the Royal Commission, but rarely get time were I can sit down, and get in the zone I need to be in to write. It takes me ages by the time I find all the quotes and cross check everything.

Sabin there are a number of Watchtower quotes presented in the article where it says "spanking" is ok, or to use a "rod". These are prior to the year 2000 though. That is the point of the article. Watchtower showed that they are willing to gradually amend their teachings despite what the Bible says, yet contradicted this to the RC when saying they cannot change their teaching on the Two Witness rule.

username The term the watchtower uses is 'theocratic warfare'.
    It was interesting that Toole said he had not heard of the term theocratic warfare, which is a form of the liar paradox.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Yes I get the point you are making & you are right. Thank you for taking the time to clarify it for me. Of cause they are able to change their ideas & teachings but ONLY when it suits them.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Great work Paul!
  • Splash
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit
    GREAT ARTICLE as always .
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

It is a pleasure to read such a well constructed appraisal of the facts as disclosed over time. The argument is calm and well reasoned and the conclusion is unassailable. Jackson completely misrepresented the truth and was outed as fundamentally dishonest.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Great article. Once again the misrepresentation of published WT material by the representatives of the organisation has been clearly exposed without hype or sensationalism. I really hope the RC get to see this.
  • cognac
    cognac

Hi Paul, Are you sending the RC this article?

Also, I'm wondering if Jackson is going to get away with lying under oath. I hope he goes to jail...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Cognac - Hi Paul, Are you sending the RC this article?

Angus has read it. I am not sure that the RC is looking to legally pursue individuals, but I thought the information may help them identify that Watchtower does change its doctrine to be more secular under legal pressure.

Also having evidence of the GB dishonesty and contempt shown to the system should make sure the RC does not go soft on its condemnation of their practices and its recommendations for change.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Thanks you so much Paul. Excellent work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit