JW Parents refuse to have 8yr old back after transfusion

by ISP 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I think it is one of the most appalling things I've ever heard, if it's indeed true. Even worse than parents who merely refuse life-saving blood transfusions for their children (that's horrible enough). To go so far as to reject a child who has had a blood transfusion forced upon him as he is 'no longer the same child'?! Abominable!! Imagine what that little boy has gone through! Such purported "parents" need to be forcibly sterilized post-haste. Perhaps then they would divorce each other, as neither would be the same person anymore.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here in Canada it is called Hansard, too. Must be part of our British roots.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Thanks for digging that up ISP. I would have bet money that this was an urban legend, but it seems not. This supports the obvious that the Jehovah's Witness beliefs are dangerously demoralizing. To the point of over-riding the natural instincts of family unity and preservation, or family over self. Parents who would abandon their own child as above are only a tiny step away from actually murdering their child if the Society deemed it "loyalty to Jehovah". Calling the Witnesses a "Cool-aid cult", seems less far fetched all the time. JamesT

• Farkel
    Farkel

Kaethra,

: Such purported "parents" need to be forcibly sterilized post-haste.

Indeed. If we go that far, let's go another step further: sterilize all brain-dead dubs, elders, CO's and up the JW food-chain who KNOW their religion is bullshit and refuse to get out of it for whatever reason.

If this were possible, most dubs wouldn't breed. If most dubs couldn't breed there would be three or four dozen new non-dubs converts in the USA each year from their massive "preaching work." Tops.

Farkel

• Xena
    Xena

2 Timothy 3:1-3

"But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, HAVING NO NATURAL AFFECTION....."

Ironic isn't it...in a very very sad way....

Perhaps this is best for the child in the long run.....what kinds of parents can they be???

• free will
    free will

horrible, just plain, horrible!

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Known as Hansard in Australia as well.

An appalling case - typical though of how the JWs care little for those who disregard the laws of the Watchtower - in this case their own innocent child.

cheeses would not forgive them. And cheeses also said "by their fruits you will recognise them". In this case the parents are readily identified as poor excuses for human beings.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Absolutely UNBELEIVABLE.

I would have had trouble beleiving that if it had been posted by anyone other than ISP, our friendly legal mind, but it truely is shocking.

Just makes you wonder how people let themselves put their religion above the needs of their children.

I still feel guilty that I didn't go to see my sister in hospital when she had her son, because she was disfellowshipped.

Although we are quite close now, she still hasn't forgiven me for it and I don't blame her.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Known as Hansard in Australia as well.

And in NZ. Seems it's the same in all ex-British possessions. What about Canada?

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Stephanus,

jgnat reported earlier that it is also Hansard in Canada. Most likely used by all former/current Commonwealth nations.

cheeses being political.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit