Rude and Disrespectful Replies

by Guest 77 41 Replies latest jw friends

• riz
    riz

ok i'm done. let's go get a few beers, eh?

*you can ring my be-e-e-ll ring my bell... my bell... ringa linga ling*

• riz
    riz

you're absolutely right, Stinky. I'll say two extra prayers tonight. One for Valis and one for Jehoover's forgiveness.

• DJ
    DJ

Valis...........shut-up hoover.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Riz, sorry about that, yes, I had in mind Rizzo.

DJ, my post had nothing to with war subjects, if anything I enjoyed reading people's views.

minimus, I can understand friends hammering away at each other but it's done in fun. I have a personal buddy and we are hard on each other and people take it the wrong way, but it's done in fun.

I'm sensitive to people being bullied. If they want to bully someone, bully me. I like to do my confrontations face to face. I live in a small town and I don't back down on any issues.

Maybe some should read the stories about people who have 'Considered Suicide,' they would understand my post much better. Sharp words to damage/injured people only opens wounds. Cutting remarks do not heal.

Guest 77

• JH
    JH

Some people are rude, and maybe they don't realize how rude they are. Being face to face with them would be different.

Usually, everybody thinks that they are right, so nobody will excuse themself.

Some people will hate you no matter what you say or do. Some just don't forgive. Some are so sensitive that they will jump on you for saying something very inoffensive. Some even take pleasure in stretching out the conflict. What can you do when that happens.

Without knowing it, we can be in the wrong, and we have to change the way we act. We have to be humble enough to accept that we may have done something wrong, and that's why the other person is mad at us.

Communication is the best way to solve a problem.

• minimus
    minimus

I believe that if I was talking to almost any poster face to face, they would not call me an idiot or some other name. The only reason these cowards do so is because they know that they can say what they want in cyber-space without having to deal with the repercussions. If persons actually talked to each other on a regular basis disrespectfully, they would have no real friends. That's why I often wonder if these insulters truly know what a real friend is. A friend that you enjoy coffee with, not keyboard messages.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've had phone jobs before (one with American Airlines, the evil empire; terrible place to work) and I found that people would say the most profane and obnoxious things on the phone, but at the gate, where it's person to person, they would be as meek and mild as could be.

I think there is something to be said for the distance of the phone and computer. It gives the weak minded a feeling of safety in order to lash out as they please at others. Everyone can have a bad day, or lose their temper, but to do so regularly I think shows a weakness of character and moral shallowness.

• DJ
    DJ

Guest 77,
    I'm sorry that your thread was basically hijacked. I thought that I understood what you said the first time but then STUPID Valis had to stick his .02 in and he derailed me.....almost. I agree with everything that you said and more. I have always felt that people should try to remember that not only are the suicidal people here but even just all of the newbies who need comfort and upbuilding along with a heaping teaspoon of love. Some of their lives depend on this board acting responsibly. It won't change though so I guess that I will go to bed now....nite

• ring
    ring

you can ring my be-e-e-ll ring my bell... my bell... ringa linga ling

Riz......you know how I love when you talk dirty about me

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I've had phone jobs before (one with American Airlines, the evil empire; terrible place to work) and I found that people would say the most profane and obnoxious things on the phone, but at the gate, where it's person to person, they would be as meek and mild as could be.

Good point, Tex, and many research studies show this is true.
    I guess I am an exception. If I'm going to "lose it", it doesn't matter where I am, or with whom. If I'm truly upset, it makes no difference at all where I am or with whom I'm speaking. I am just as likely to "go off" in person as I am on the computer. And yes, I can get very insulting and even crude.

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit