Rude and Disrespectful Replies

by Guest 77 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ
    You should stop saying that, as it is not at all true. What takes "no brains, talent, or character" to do is to listen to criticism and reject it because it hurts your feelings.

We see that behaviour from people on these forums all the time, and it is an incredibly stupid and low character way to live your life.

Six,

I think that the poster was referring to those who jump down the throats of others by name-calling and foul language. They take no consideration for the feelings of others and consider themselves and all of thier personal opinions to be superior. I am unaware of any personal clashes between the two of you, therefore I am not defending past behaviors by either one of you. I am saying, that some folks have no manners whatsoever and they've forgotten that to get respect they have to earn it. No one is going to listen to the 'wisdom' of a big mouth with bad manners. They need to learn the basics first. dj

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

sixofnine, some people are reluctant to post on this forum for fear of being bashed. Is it the purpose of this forum, to bash? Should one take out their anger and frustration on others on this forum because of the way they were treated by the org?

My grandmother was a non-christian, and if there's one thing that stuck in my mind about her, she always taught me to respect others. Constructive criticism had nothing to with it, respect does! I repeat, respects does.

I spent forty years as a steelworker and in those years I've spent a great deal of time in bars. Believe me, when it comes to foul language and rudeness, I know what it is. You expect such behavior in that type of environment. Lot of issues were settle in bars. You may find it interesting to hang around with me for a few days.

Guest 77

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

J6OCR9, I don't know you, and I am certain this was not directed at me, but for the record these Illuminatii-Masonic-Rosicrucian-Watchtower conspiracy posts are nutty, and worthy of derisive comment. Beyond that they do a disservice to Masons and Rosicrucians. Rather then rehash some Robert Anton Wilson and Birch Society garbage with bits of inuendo and symbology which you, in all likelyhood, do not understand. All to often these well intentioned groups (who helped Medieval Europse drag itself out of centuries of decline) have to spend inordinate amounts of time defending themselves against these rediculous attacks.

En Rubeus Rosae Aurea Crucis, Libertatis

• Valis
    Valis

DJ...I think I know where six is coming from and AGuest..

Yes, name calling is no good for anyone and even though most have done so from time to time, it isn't a good thing. One thing I notice is that the non related to JW topics are usually when this happens. War and politics, in particular, bring out the ugly side of everyone, especially when the debates heat up into flame wars. I want to here Lady Lee, larc, Mulan, AGuest, fjtoth, Angharad, hillary_step, and mouthy get into a flame war and use really naughty words...Dam that would be sweet! *LOL*

Six once said in regards to a particularly recalictrant one that wouldn't get a clue the following..

"Sometimes personal growth requires brutal honesty."

Now when you read that please don't use the most hatefull interpretation of the word brutal, but rather that people get their feelings hurt and consider themselves brutalized when in most cases they are just getting a good dose of reality. People don't like that sometimes then choose to play the role of the victim and in some bizarre way engage in a passive form of trolling. Most specifically those posters who post a message asking for help/advice of some kind or another..*LOL* Well they get it alright...just not what they want to hear...

I could be wrong so please don't crush my tender ego...it will indefinitely make my sensitive id weep...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• dubla
    dubla

git-

is simply backing the war on iraq also worthy of "derisive comment(s)"?

aa

• riz
    riz

lol @ dedalus

anywho, the world is full of rude and disrespectful people. you just have to deal with it. begging for a change won't help because people just are how they are. all you can do is make a point to be kind and respectful yourself.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

is mentioning "Iraq" on an internet dicsussion the new form of Godwin's Law?

• Valis
    Valis

shut up riz! you sorry full time bethelite special pioneer, jehover loving, Governing Body member! *LOL* Sorry for the harsh language...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• riz
    riz

eat a hoagie, valis! you watchtower placing, sunday talk giving, off-key singing elder ass kisser!

love, riz

• Valis
    Valis

eh that's how it is huh riz?You Russelite you! mosaic law following, contribution box filling, time card abusing, microphone handler! May your home be infested with a book study at least once a week and may you have the divine pleasure of reading the Watchtower at the next District Convention!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit