Rude and Disrespectful Replies

by Guest 77 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

One of the things I hate in life is RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL individuals. It is my understanding that all opinions are welcome on this forum. Some, a few, seem to think their views and opinions is encased in gold. I have noticed that a few thrive on belittling others. If a person makes a comment that differs with mine or is absurd, so what? Does that give me the right to be rude and disrespectful towards that person? Apparently, some do not how to agree to disagree. I really wonder if they would behave in the same manner if they were face to face with the individual whom they belittle? Nine out of ten would not!

I will state what I stated before, "It takes no brains, no talent and no character to criticize". I come to this forum to enjoy myself, learn and meet new acquaintances not to demean or criticize others.

Guest 77

• dedalus
    dedalus

Go to hell, dumbass.

Dedalus

• rocketman
    rocketman

J6, I think that, not being face-up with people, there is a tendency to be more outspoken and maybe more critical too. Of course, same thing applies in the "real world", where many people back-stab when they are not in the presence of the person about whom they are speaking.

I do think that this place has been improving, though I at times am also reluctant to say what I really think sometimes.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Apparently, some do not how to agree to disagree. I really wonder if they would behave in the same manner if they were face to face with the individual whom they belittle? Nine out of ten would not!

I couldn't agree more!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

It is hard to determine what is rude and what is disrespectful....though you know it when you see it. (that makes sense, huh?)

I don't like verbal (written) bullying. That is what bothers me the most. When someone can only call names and point out someone's flaws; not the flaws of the arguement (from the bullies point).

I hope that made sense.

Overall, I would hope that I would never go so far as to have someone leave because of words I typed.

• DJ
    DJ

I agree with you 110%. I have always come to the conclusion that those who have the need to act that way on this forum stil have major unresolved issues in their lives. Their time would be better served working on themselves rather than jumping on the people here.

I had to laugh at your comment about doing it face to face! You are so right! dj

• kls
    kls

In many ways i agree.This is a forum to freely express ones feelings on thoughts they have no matter if we agree or not.Because some of us don't think or express our selves the way others might ,we are talked down to or belittled.I accept all thoughts on this forum no matter what the subject( except trolls).Some of us only have this forum, for our anger ,fears,depression or just someone to talk to.All of us here are in some need , many here are hurting let's not make it hurt to speak freely here.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I will state what I stated before, "It takes no brains, no talent and no character to criticize".

You should stop saying that, as it is not at all true. What takes "no brains, talent, or character" to do is to listen to criticism and reject it because it hurts your feelings.

We see that behaviour from people on these forums all the time, and it is an incredibly stupid and low character way to live your life.

• minimus
    minimus

Some replies my be rude and disrespectful but that in itself may not be so wrong. Some posters think that since they are Menses intelligent, I mean mensa, that they have a right to be looking down on you. Some posters post inflammatory comments that they know will anger ex-JW's. Then they get rude responses.That goes with the territory. As a rule, there's no need to be nasty with people.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at dedalus.............you smart ass ! actually just envious you beat me to it !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit