New Light on the United Nations (U.N.) (Scarlet Beast)

by UnDisfellowshipped 126 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

bttt again

• proplog2
    proplog2

Thanks for posting the whole article. This should be quite disappointing for serious witnesses who have been in the organization a long time.

Nothing of substance. Cautious to the point of being ambiguous.

Plain admission that they don't know anything about what the prophecies mean. It is also an admission that they NEVER had a clue - in spite of all their claims.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

Trusting in Jehovah will include trusting the modern visible channel that he has clearly been using for decades to serve his purposes. As never before, true Christians will then need to place their confidence in fellow worshipers authorized by Jehovah and his reigning King to take the lead. These faithful men will direct God's people. Ignoring their direction could end in disaster

...and the money keeps rolling in.... same as it ever was.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Perhaps, just perhaps, the many reasons the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society are starting to have a rough time with the lawsuits and etc..., etc..., is because:

"Stop judging that YOU may not be judged; 2 for with what judgment YOU are judging, YOU will be judged; and with the measure that YOU are measuring out, they will measure out to YOU . 3 Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.

Just a thought, for whatever it maybe worth! I'm not judging, just thinking about how the brothers and sisters throughout the world have been and still are being treated! When questions are raised and disagreements come about, the brother or sister is excommunicated and discarded like everyday trash.

Why would the Elders of any Kingdom Hall and for that matter, The Governing Body of Elders allow such a "misadventure" that is responsible for so very much pain and suffering? Are the Elders gulliable, brain washed, stupid or under a "twilight of blissfull ignorance?"

To insinuate, misapply and to twist Biblical scripture to control and coerce people for corporate, congregational, financial or personal gain, is a direct insult to Jehovah and to his son Jesus Christ.

Just thinking , searching for answers----like everyone else that is FREE

laters,

Mr. KIM

• mustang
    mustang

"Plain admission that they don't know anything about what the prophecies mean. It is also an admission that they NEVER had a clue - in spite of all their claims." Proplog2

Lots to ponder & I’m still going back over this one.

But yes, I agree; having "grown up" reading/studying the "Your Will" book, this topic is interesting to me.

About 3 or 4 Memorials ago, somebody I used to study with sent me a copy of the current "Daniel book" WITH a copy of a "Book Study" schedule for its "proper use". (We weren’t that hosed when I was "in".) This was a serious hint to "get back to the KH".

I spent two nights reading the new book (not 6 months!!! ), comparing it to the old one and eyeballing the changes. Basically, they amounted to a watered-down ending in the closing chapter(s).

The result: the same as in the above quote from Proplog!!!!

Mustang

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Thanks so very much for the info. I printed a coy and hope to use it when they call again.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I was a bit unsure about this. OK, so the wild beast is the UN (according to WBTS interpretation) but I always thought the UN would just destroy Babylon, the World Empire of False Religion. I looked and couldn't find any quotes where they said specifically that the UN would have a part in attacking JWs, which was the focus of the 'new light'.

But I found some quotes now, which you may find useful:

14 In due course, the “scarlet-colored wild beast” itself must go off into destruction. But before this happens, and even before its final beastly attack on God’s people, that UN beast has a special service to perform. Jehovah puts ‘his thought into the hearts of the wild beast and its militarized horns.’ With what result? God’s angel answers: “And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.”

Watchtower 1989 4/15

The prophecies of the Bible focus in on our day. They show us what lies immediately ahead. “For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.” (Romans 15:4) The prophetic word depicts mankind’s ‘last hope for peace,’ the UN, as a scarlet-colored wild beast. Oh, it may trump up some kind of shaky peace and share in the cry “Peace and security!”—in harmony with its charter and in fulfillment of the prophecy at 1 Thessalonians 5:3. But then Jehovah will maneuver the militarized “horns” of the UN to devastate false religion, “Babylon the Great,” of which Christendom’s sects make up the most reprehensible part. Then, when those “horns” turn to do battle with the Lamb, Jesus Christ, by attacking the peace-loving witnesses of Jehovah, God’s sword of execution will descend on those nations and their armies, and “they will by no means escape.”—Revelation 17:3-6, 12-17.

Watchtower 1983 11/15
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but will use human agencies to do his deeds.

I wonder why it is stated so positively that the "spirit creature Gog of Magog" needs a "human agency". At least an angel slaughtered 185'000. I don't see the "human agency" from the text in the first place.

• undercover
    undercover
    As a spirit creature, he cannot carry out his attack directly, but will use human agencies to do his deeds.

Why can't he? What about Job? What human agency did Satan use to afflict Job? If Satan can influence human power enough to provoke them to do his deeds, why can't he just do it himself? He's strong enough to control Smurfs and strong enough to control governmental agencies, but isn't strong enough to attack a defenseless people that will refuse to fight?

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

If you look [really look] at the beliefes of jws from 1914 to today you would be dfd for preaching any thing pre 60s. that is sick they pawn off that the light gets brighter and brighter but acording to there own beliefe there was 2000 years since pentacost and 1914 how long does god need to get the message through?cripe maybe god needs his own tv station in the pleadies oh ya we dont believe that god is centered in the constilation of taurs any more!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit