My Memorial Experience-not so good

by wednesday 43 Replies latest jw friends

• QuiteVoice
    QuiteVoice

Hi Nina.. thanx for the reply and the welcome. I appreciate it.

It surprises me to hear what you said about the 'cover ups' and the 'child abuse'. Personally, I have never seen a person getting away with those wrong doings. I moved alot in my life time, so I joined many different congregations but never saw that happening truthfully. Even if that does happen, those congregations cannot represent the organization as a whole. And I am sure Jehovah will bring justice when his time is here.

I truly belive that this is the true organization. Of course that doens't mean that it will be formed with 100% pure people. All these Jehovahs Witnesses came from this earth. But look at the kind of changes it brought to their lives. Many people complain that "you can't do this.. you can't do that..." but at the same time "you have to go to meetings.. go door to door.. read the bible..... be hated by this world"... ect... Personally, I think people who isolate themselves from the organization is just giving excuses for being lazy. I do not want to offend anyone but thats how I feel. If you really love Jehovah with all your heart.. all these things are not difficult to do or follow. Yes, we have to live differently from the rest of the world, but that is so normal. Look at the things that are happening around us. I don't see anything normal. And who know what kind of world we may be living 5 years down the road.

I would really like to find out if there is any other religion that comes close to JW. People who are sacrificing their lives to become and maintain themselves as JW is of course to live happily now and later,,, but mainly because we love Jehovah God who created all of us and gave us another chance. Its not about joing some religious club and have some friends on a sunday afternoon! Its so easy to give excuses why someone quit or find justifications for wrong doings..... But its very difficult to do the right thing and follow Jesus's example.

So if you were given a chance to ask Jehovah.. which group of people he is accepting as his people... what would he say? If JW is out of the picture....

Satan is trying his very best to mislead people and make people think like Eve. Satan was very successful with Eve and many many people on this earth right now. But not us 6 million who will do anything to show our love for Jehovah and one another.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Welcome Quietvoice.

Perhaps you could post a thread on your story. Would be nice to hear it.

Hope you enjoy being here and make many new friends.

• playdrums
    playdrums

QuiteVoice

Personally, I think people who isolate themselves from the organization is just giving excuses for being lazy.

I think you would do well to actually read what the hearts participating in this forum have to say. I would doubt very much that any of them are on the outside of your organization because they are lazy. Their testimonies speak something quite different.

In regards to being lazy: If I were in receipt of information from the Mormons, would I not verify their teaching and sources before I continued - maybe study their history? How many people in your JW congregation have taken a tract such as "Should You Believe in the Trinity" and actually verified the information and sources inside? The Bible is quite clear that we should examine the teaching we absorb for validity. No source, not even the Watchtower, can validate itself merely by saying it's members are better behaved. So, I challenge you to find the books and materials quoted in the above mentioned tract. Nothing false comes from Jehovah right?

"An open mind is free from the fetters of prejudice, which by one dictionary is defined as follows: 'A judgment or opinion favorable or unfavorable, formed beforehand or without due examination; a mental decision based on other grounds than reason or justice; especially, a premature or adversely biased opinion.'... But decisions made "without due examination" or judgments reached "on other grounds than reason or justice" are evidences of a closed mind."

And later, "A closed mind may indicate a lack of knowledge. We may know so little about a subject, or have information so distorted or incomplete, that the facts necessary to reach proper conclusions are missing...A closed mind may betray a lack of interest in the subject or a reluctance to look into the matter."
    (Watchtower 11/22/84)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I have never seen a person getting away with those wrong doings

I have.

Nina

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    I have never seen a person getting away with those wrong doings

I have.

Nina

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Rats. That's what I get for being impatient and clicking more than once! (Sorry about that, Simon! I swear I'm not trying to make Emperor by next week!)

QuiteVoice, I'm glad you've had such a positive experience in the organization. I did too for most of my childhood. May I ask why you are on this board if you are happy with the organization? This is not an approved place for you to be. In fact, if you want to see just how nice and sweet your elders are, tell them you've been conversing with apostates on the Internet and see how helpful they'll be.

Nina

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

LOL Nina, your just trying to get your posting numbers up !

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Quite Voice

So because you never saw abuse being covered up means it didn't happen? I truly believe this organization is not where God is. Why? Many reasons, but one that I feel strongly about is that Jehovah's Witnesses teach in order to prove a child abuse allegation one must have 2 baptized Jehovah's Witnesses stand and watch while a child is brutally raped. These 2 baptized Jehovah's Witnesses should not interfere or make any effort to stop the abuse, since that would mean the rape did not happen. Instead they must observe everything that this rapist wants to do to the child. If they don't, then the child has no witnesses. After the rapist has had his pleasure with the child, these 2 baptized Jehovah's Witneses mean clean the child up, if they feel so inclined, but it is not a requirement. Then these 2 baptized Jehovah's Witnesses must not report the matter to the police, instead they should wait on Jehovah's spirit to move the elders to seek them out (at the proper time of course). Then, and only then, may they give their tesimony to the elders. IF the elders find their story credible, then the elders may consider taking action against the rapist. This ranges from a stern talking to private reproof (we don't want to make the matter public and bring reproach on Jehovah's name).

Don't believe me? Well what do you think "two witnesses" means in the arena of child rape? How is it possible for a child to bring forth two witnesses to their rape unless these two people are standing right there watching? Consider the implications of this evil rule.

I am a survivor of incest and sexual abuse. My father is a ministerial servant in good standing despite the fact that he is one of my rapists. When I pointed this fact out to the elders in my congregation, and his congregation, 2 circuit overseers and a district overseer, I was told I needed 2 witnesses to prove the allegation. No problem. I contacted his worldly mother and worldly sister-in-law who readily confirmed what I remember (and also told me some things I didn't know). When I brought their testimony to the elders in my congregation, and his congregation, 2 circuit overseers and a district overseer, I was told that their testimony didn't count because they were not baptized Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing (one elder even said, "You know all worldly people lie anyway."). Additionally I was told that since they did not stand in the room whilst my father raped me and watch, it proved they were lying. Then one of the circuit overseers said I should not talk about what my father did to me ever again. If I did, he said, he would see to it personally that I was disfellowshipped for slandering the good name of my father. Recently my father was on a circuit assembly part as an example of "Christian fatherhood". It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I cannot and will not support this rule. It protects the monstrous at the expense of the innocent. It is not only wrong, it is evil. Evil cannot co-exist with a God of love. Therefore Jehovah's Witnesses cannot and are not a place where the God I was taught about exists. If you are happy being a Witness, then I say good for you. I really mean that. I'm glad you have found a place that works for you. But don't tell me this is the ONLY organization God approves or these are the ONLY people he loves. That is not only offensive, it is patently false.

There are many other teachings I can debate with you and prove Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong, but this one is something I feel passionate about.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Quiet,

i know u meant well, but i too have been raped by a jw in good standing, and was tortured during the JC meeting with the most horrible accusations. he went free and raped again,and this time they did DF him and he admited he had raped me. did they say they were sorry for destroying my life? never. He has gone on and probably has commited some crime aginst another woman since then. so.

I believed even during the JC meeting that jehovah would guide them to know the truth. It did not happen. it destroyed my life and hurt my husband and my children. I will not forgive lthem for that. especially since they don't think they did anything wrong.

there are all sorts of seedy people associated with JWS .A lot of these people literally get away with murder. there is less gossip thatn in years before, so it is not as easy to hear about what people have done. Not so years ago. It went from one cong. to another.that was both good and bad. Good for the really guilty, bad for the maligned.

Quiet, it is just another religion and there are some really bad people in it.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

((bigtex))

Recently my father was on a circuit assembly part as an example of "Christian fatherhood". It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

That experience is too sad to ever be funny. What he really needed was to be arrested while giving the conclusion of his talk.

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit