What is your name? Carisa

Where were you born? U.S.A.

Were u raised as a JW? Yes

If you converted to JW later in life, why? n/a

When were you baptized a JW? 1986

When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? n/a

Are you Married? Yes

Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? aux sporadically

If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? n/a

Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? spiritual stonings

Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? lol. ( & don't tell me about
    the teachings re: honesty, murder, etc....they do not have the market cornered on that stuff...)

If you could take any of it back, would u? ? where do I get my refund?

What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? Many, but I will pick one.
    When I was a JW kid, some sister took me with her on RV's. One of her RVs was on an inactive JW family.
    The woman at the door actually seemed very happy. There was a bumpersticker on her car that said something
    about her child being in the school band. I was so jealous because, unlike her child, I wasn't allowed to go to school.

What was your best experience in field service? when no one was home

What was the last memorial u attended? 1993

What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? Peace be unto you.

Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? Yes, for stuff I initially thought was unrelated to the JW stuff. It was.

how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? As a child, I read as many alternative views as I could, on the sly.
    Don't know if I'm completely deprogrammed though...lol

Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? Dunno.

What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? Too many to tell. One was that "Isaiah" should be pronounced "Eye-ZAi-ya"

Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? Nope

What teachings do you think the society should throw out? That their teachings are even necessary. God don't need no middle man.

What did you do to your literature after you quit? Left it behind.

Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? n/a

Did you go sex crazy when you left? nunya

Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? I got all four of my piercings before I was ten years old.

Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? haven't & won't

Do you have any regrets? I've had a few...

Do you think you will ever recover fully? *shrug*

Would you ever go back? Nope

• Jesika
    Jesika

THE ULTIMATE APOSTATE SURVEY!

1. What is your name? Jesika
    2. Where were you born? Toledo,Ohio USA
    3. Were u raised as a JW? yes
    4. If you converted to JW later in life, why?
    5. When were you baptized a JW? 1989
    6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? DF'd in 1990 for lying, profanity, and "loose conduct".
    7. Are you Married? no
    8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? yes Aux pio for about a month before I was df'd and reg pio'ed with my parents for about 6yrs (something like that).
    9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? no
    10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? 2 eye witnesses to rape or molestation.
    11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? can't think of anything right now.
    12. If you could take any of it back, would u? no, it has made me the person I am today.
    13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? Running into classmates at the door.
    14. What was your best experience in field service? When noone answered, and when we would take break for ice cream.
    15. What was the last memorial u attended? It was in 1991.
    16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? anything if they would listen.
    17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? yes
    18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? I was df'd at the age of 15, so it was mostly rebellion, after 12yrs I still have some deprogramming to do.
    19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? no, but they left on their own which is just as good.
    20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? Been too long since I have been, can't recall. Hell, all of it--lol.
    21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? no, I used to tell them I was df'd right away, but I won't do that now, I hope they come knocking.
    22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? Boy, that's a LONG list.
    23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? Burned it or left it with my parents.
    24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? I have been to quite a few, and they are ALWAYS fun.
    25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? yes, I was a teenager.
    26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? yes, yes, and yes.
    27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? no, and don't know.
    28. Do you have any regrets? ummmmm, only that my best friend didn't leave with me.
    29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? yes
    30. Would you ever go back? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

1. What is your name? Christopher Scott
    2. Where were you born? Springfield, Missouri
    3. Were u raised as a JW? No.
    4. If you converted to JW later in life, why? I started studying at age 9 because I was disillusioned with the Methodist religion. They could not answer any of my questions. The elderly sister who studied with me took me seriously and answered all of my questions from the Bible. I never did study any JW publications.
    5. When were you baptized a JW? March, 1974
    6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? Never have been
    7. Are you Married? Yep.
    8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? 3 years from 1980-1983.
    9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? N/A
    10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? The 2 witness rule as it relates to sexual abuse; 1914; treatment of rape victims; faithful and discreet slave is the only channel by which God speaks. I could go on, but that's enough for now.
    11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? There is a God.
    12. If you could take any of it back, would u? Most of my Witness experiences are tied in with my incestous family so it is hard to separate one from the other. In all candor, I doubt my life would have been better if we had never been Witnesses. It's quite possible that it would have been worse. The Witnesses were able to contain and channel my family.
    13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? When I got in an argument with a witch. The feeling at her house really freaked me out.
    14. What was your best experience in field service? Meeting my wife and noticing she had the cutest butt whilst she was walking down the sidewalk ahead of me.
    15. What was the last memorial u attended? 2001 (only because my best friend was giving the talk.)
    16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? The plight of children who are abused. I would have liked to have been able to help them in some way.
    17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? No.
    18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? I was out for 11 years before I finally made the decision to cut myself loose mentally and emotionally. I was finally tired of being stuck between two worlds and I made a choice. I came to understand that if the Witnesses are 100% correct, then I don't want to live in their world and worship their God.
    19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? Nina, and my two children, Jennie and Jackson
    20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? The reason resurrected people won't be allowed to marry and have children is because it will be their job to raise all the aborted fetuses that Jehovah resurrects.
    21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? I'm not disfellowshipped.
    22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? The 2 witness rule; the woman was "asking to be raped"; only Jehovah's Witnesses are approved of by God; oh hell, how about everything else while I'm at it.
    23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? We've got some literature going back to the 30's, so some of it has been boxed up and some is still on the book shelves. Jehovah's Witnesses, for good or bad, were a large part of my life for a long time. I'm not ready to throw out most of the literature.
    24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? Yep and I wore a kilt at the last one.
    25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? No. I'm too old and tired.
    26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? If I were younger I would probably get my ear pierced (which one do straight guys get piereced? Never can remember)
    27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? No and No. Live and let live.
    28. Do you have any regrets? No.
    29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? Sure, why not? I've been hurt before. I still get up.
    30. Would you ever go back? No.
  • SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

1. What is your name? Carol
    2. Where were you born? GA
    4. If you converted to JW later in life, why? n/a
    5. When were you baptized a JW? nope
    6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? n/a
    7. Are you Married? not yet
    8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? nope
    9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? n/a
    10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? most of them
    11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? can't think of any
    12. If you could take any of it back, would u? doubt it
    13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? seeing a classmate at the door on a Saturday morning
    14. What was your best experience in field service? don't have any
    15. What was the last memorial u attended? 2 years ago
    16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? do your own research
    17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? sorta...for depression
    18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? it just happened
    19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? not yet
    20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? smurf dolls running around
    21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? not df'd
    22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? 1914 and shunning
    23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? gave it to my parents
    24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? yes it was a blast
    25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? sorta
    26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? I dye my hair and have 2 tats
    27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? not yet
    28. Do you have any regrets? not really
    29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? yes
    30. Would you ever go back? not in a million years or beyond
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

THE ULTIMATE APOSTATE SURVEY!

1. What is your name? unclebruce
    2. Where were you born? adelaide
    4. If you converted to JW later in life, why? -
    5. When were you baptized a JW? 1972
    6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? walked away 1986
    7. Are you Married? yes (kinda)
    8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? yes - several years, several months many hours
    9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? yes
    10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? the doomsday senerio
    11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? none i can think of
    12. If you could take any of it back, would u? ?
    13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? being shot at from close range
    14. What was your best experience in field service? discussions with hippies and witches
    15. What was the last memorial u attended? 1986 - Sydney
    16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? badnews is: you won't live forever / goodnews is: you can have a full and free life now
    17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? much self therapy
    18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? reading a great deal of history, science, religion etc.. discussing religion and the meaning of life with ordinary people.
    19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? yes
    20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? brother ziggy singing
    21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? n/a
    22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? the whole farken lot!
    23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? dumped most (still have NWT and bible AIDS book)
    24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? yes
    25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? lol no :(
    26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? not intentionally
    27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? no. i sat there and swore a bit though.
    28. Do you have any regrets? no
    29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? no
    30. Would you ever go back? no - unless its to rescue englishman :)

unclebruce

ps: I too regret tennyuk hasn't had therapy

• qadreena
    qadreena

1. What is your name? Angel but this is not my birthname, I've had it changed
    2. Where were you born? Coventry, England
    3. Were u raised as a JW? Yes
    5. When were you baptized a JW? No
    6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? DA'd for running away from home and moving in with a man, he was only a friend but they didn't see it that way
    7. Are you Married? I got married soon after leaving the 'truth' because it was the only way to stop them pestering me to study again, wrong I know but I was only 19 and very naive, seemed like the easiest way out at the time. We divorced but are still good friends and am now living with my fiance & planning on getting married this year
    8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? I worked pioneer hours with a baptised friend of mine for just over 2 years
    9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? I had a friend who did but the guilt ate at her and she slowly disappeared from my life
    10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? Quite a few
    11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? One or two
    12. If you could take any of it back, would u? No, too claustrophobic for me
    13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? Being forced to have my turn on a door when I knew the lad who lived there was a lad I fancied at school
    14. What was your best experience in field service? Coffee and snack time which meant me and my friend would sit in a local cafe and stare at the guy we fancied who worked there :)
    15. What was the last memorial u attended? The one after I left, memorial was still important to me then. I never got welcomed so never went back again
    16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? I don't *have* to be your friend now but I wish I could have the chance to *choose* to be your freind
    17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? Yes, for many years
    18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? Yes, through drink and drugs, that did it LOL
    19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? Not that I know of
    20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? I was active in a different congregation, got the elders there to approve me moving there because it was doing me a lot of good, my father agreed and spoke to elders at my cong asking if I could move to the other comg. The elders answer was 'You should be with your family' That was a crazy thing in my opion, I was 17, had a mind of my own and was reaching for baptism due to being in the other cong so it was the best move for me. This is what caused me to leave
    21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? Yes, my brother who is still an active witness, probably an elder or something by now
    22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? Quite a lot, they should be more flexible with modern times
    23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? Kept it in the loft, left it behind at my old house when I moved, should have thrown it out
    24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? No
    25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? A bit
    26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? I dyed my hair every color I could, it is now pink and has been for years. I have 13 piercings but havent got round to tattooing yet
    27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? Not yet
    28. Do you have any regrets? My main regret is that I dont speak to my brother enough
    29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? Never
    30. Would you ever go back? No way
  • manon
    manon

1. Manon

2. Queens, New York

3. Yes

4. n/a

5. Never

6. DA 1980 lost my faith in religion

7. Yes

8. No

9. Only family

10. Shunning/DF

11. None

12. No

13. Probably getting a blister on my foot from walking way too much.

14. My field service experience for the most part was very enjoyable and pleasant. I like meeting new people and talking. I have fond memories of people being receptive, kind, open to me and the message.

15. 1998 I did it for my sister & her kids they really wanted to share this experience with me. I guess my sister wanted to go down memory lane with me just like old times. AY DIOS MIO I felt so sleepy I couldn't wait for it to be over.

16. Deceivers

17. No

18. I read scriptures alot researched different religions, smoked cigarettes, had fun enjoyed my freedom. Edited to add: Kept myself open to new ideas and experiences. Went back to school worked full time fell in love got married, traveled, found happiness and peace.

19. Just about my entire family, out of 18 witnesses only 4 remain. I don't believe it was because I left it was just a trickle effect.

20. The end is just around the corner.

21. No

22. All

23. Trashed it.

24. No

25. Yes

26. Yes, loved cropping my hair short and dying it blue or purple very punk. No tats, yes piercing hurt like heck never did it again.

27. No

28. No

29. Yes, I have

30. No never

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

wow manon,

you have a lovely time witnessing in New York and I get shot at in Mark Twains "City of Churches" lol

life's ironic.

• Princess
    Princess

1. What is your name? Rachel Egner
    2. Where were you born? Seattle, Washington
    3. Were u raised as a JW? Yes
    5. When were you baptized a JW? 1985
    6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? DA, told them I don't believe their teachings
    7. Are you Married? yes
    8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? Aux/off and on
    9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? yes
    10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? paradise earth
    11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? there is a god
    12. If you could take any of it back, would u? nope
    13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? most of them
    14. What was your best experience in field service? started a study
    15. What was the last memorial u attended? 1997
    16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? wake up, this is not a rehearsal, this is life, right here right now
    17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? no
    18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? talking with my husband and family
    19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? several friends and all my family have quit because of our influence as a family, not me personally
    20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? we would never die
    21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? not yet!
    22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? all of them
    23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? threw it in a recycling bin
    24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? yes and yes
    25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? my mom reads this
    26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? no, yes, yes
    27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? I won't waste another minute of my life at a convention
    28. Do you have any regrets? not really, just happy to be free
    29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? I'm so over it
    30. Would you ever go back? not for a million $$$$$$$
  • wednesday
    wednesday
    1. What is your name? wednesday
    2. Where were you born? dallas,tx
    4. If you converted to JW later in life, why? n/a
    5. When were you baptized a JW?mid 60's
    6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? too personal
    7. Are you Married? yes
    8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? no
    9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? n/a
    10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? shunning, theirs being the only way to God, preaching work
    11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? trinity, hellfire, teaching about the soul,
    12. If you could take any of it back, would u? do not understnd ?
    13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service i entered the house of apostate, and was clueless
    14. What was your best experience in field service? nothing comes to mind
    15. What was the last memorial u attended? tonight
    16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? don't u wonder why the histroy of the society is so secret?
    17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? yes
    18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? still in process
    19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? no
    20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? 1975
    21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? n/a,but would not anyway-it is a waste of breath
    22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? DF, shunning,field service
    23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? still have it.
    24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? n/a
    25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? no
    26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? no
    27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? no
    28. Do you have any regrets? wish i had left 20 yrs ago
    29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? no
    30. Would you ever go back?not unless they revamp the entire religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit