1. What is your name? Lauralisa!
2. Where were you born? Pensacola, Florida
3. Were u raised as a JW? Nope
4. If you converted to JW later in life, why? I had blind faith in the bible; the jw rhetoric was so comprehensive and seemed to answer virtually every question I could ask -
5. When were you baptized a JW? I was 31
6. When were you disfellowshipped, or disassociated, and for what? no
7. Are you Married? Yes
8. Did you ever pioneer/aux pioneer? How long? Agh - tried aux. pioneering once - ended up in a psychiatric hospital (really)
9. If you are Dfed or D A ed, do any active witnesses still talk to you in secret? No
10. Which teachings of the WTBTS do you disagree with the most? The one who has the biggest book bag is the one who wins
11. Which Teachings of the WTBTS do you agree with still? uh, maybe a few proverbial statements?
12. If you could take any of it back, would u? OMG of course
13. What was your worst experience at the door in the field service? Having to work with an unmedicated psychotic 'sister' who spit on the ground while I was talking to the guy at the door
14. What was your best experience in field service? Having a 12 year old sister feel safe enough to confide in me that she needed help with abusive home situation
15. What was the last memorial u attended? mmm.... 4 years ago?
16. What is one thing you wish you could say now that your eyes have been opened to an active witness? "I'M NOT INTERESTED" *lol*
17. Did you have to go through therapy after leaving? OMG - During and after
18. how did you deprogram yourself from WT thinking? Forced myself to think cognitively rather than out of fear
19. Has anyone else quit the religion because you left? I think so
20. What’s the craziest thing you ever heard at the kingdom hall? The whole justification line about what's his name sleeping with his daughters and how cool that was because if he hadn't, Jesus would not have been born... puleeeeze
21. Have you spoken to any witnesses who came to your door after you were Dfed about what you know now? yes - they never came back even tho I asked for a return visit
22. What teachings do you think the society should throw out? The society should throw ITSELF out
23. What did you do to your literature after you quit? Dumpstered it
24. Have you been to an APOSTAFEST, and was it fun? Yes yes yes
25. Did you go sex crazy when you left? definitely
26. Did you dye your hair, get a tattoo, or pierce yourself? I had my belly button pierced WHILE I was one
27. Have you picketed a convention yet, or will you? No... too much of a pacifist
28. Do you have any regrets? omg.... give me a decade to tell of them all.... the most difficult has to do with my kids and forcing them to be freaks in school.... *wet eyes...*
29. Do you think you will ever recover fully? Yes; I will recover even more when I can format my responses on jw.com beyond making paragraph breaks.....
30. Would you ever go back? NO NO NO NO times infinity