What ELSE is wrong with the WT Society and JWs?

by fjtoth 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

1. Teaching that true Christianity is an organization instead of a way of life
    2. Centralizing authority in an organization instead of letting Christ be the head of each Christian
    3. Claiming salvation is dependent upon belonging to the JW denomination
    4. Teaching that the early Christians were led by a governing body
    5. Interpreting Jewish restoration prophecies as fulfilled in "the anointed remnant"
    6. Teaching that Jesus appointed the "anointed remnant" as his true church in 1919
    7. Viewing the so-called "anointed" class (actually, the governing body) as God's channel and prophet
    8. Placing WT literature above the Bible
    9. Claiming that the "faithful and discreet slave" is the "anointed" class rather than each individual Christian who shows himself or herself to be responsible and obedient to Christ
    10. Class distinctions such as "governing body," "anointed remnant" and "great crowd"
    11. Class distinctions such as publishers, auxiliary pioneers, regular pioneers, special pioneers, circuit overseers, district overseers, Bethelites, Governing Body, etc.
    12. Teaching that the Scriptures are directly addressed only to "the remnant of anointed ones"
    13. Creating a climate of fear by authoritarianism
    14. Keeping meeting attendance and field service records as a gauge of an individual's spirituality
    15. Controlling what individual JWs may read of Bible-related publications that are not produced by the WT Society
    16. Claiming that spiritual food comes from the "anointed" class whereas nearly all the writers of WT publications are members of the "other sheep" class
    17. Teaching that Jesus is not the mediator between God and the "great crowd" of Revelation 7
    18. Teaching that only the "anointed" must be born again
    19. Teaching that the "great crowd" are not begotten or anointed by the Holy Spirit
    20. Teaching that the "great crowd" are not members of the bride of Christ
    21. Teaching that the "great crowd" are God's grandchildren and not his sons and daughters
    22. Inviting only the "anointed" to partake at the memorial
    23. Teaching that only "anointed" JWs will receive immortality in the resurrection
    24. Teaching that the resurrection of the "anointed" precedes the resurrection of the "other sheep" and that it has already begun
    25. Teaching that Abraham and the faithful men and women of old are not among the holy ones who will rule with Christ in his Kingdom
    26. Falsifying the fact that Charles Russell predicted for 1914 the end of the world, not Christ's return
    27. Lying about a so-called "increase" in earthquakes, warfare, famines, persecution, etc., since 1914
    28. Teaching that Jesus returned in 1914 and is "invisibly present" since then
    29. Organizationally requiring no blood transfusions instead of letting it be a matter of conscience
    30. Teaching that it's wrong to celebrate birthdays and all holidays
    31. Forbidding attendance and participation at other churches
    32. Defining apostasy as against an organization instead of against God
    33. Being quick to disfellowship instead of making efforts to restore persons who have done something wrong
    34. Teaching that the "congregation" of Matthew 18:17 is the body of elders
    35. Holding heresy trials and disciplinary hearings in secrecy from the rest of the congregation
    36. Conducting heresy trials of members who have doubts or who think differently upon the Scriptures
    37. Withholding information that would be helpful to persons who have been accused of wrongdoing
    38. Prohibiting fellowship with disassociated persons
    39. Covering over and hiding damaging facts about the JW organization
    40. Denying that the JW organization is part of Babylon the Great

WHAT ARE YOUR PERSONAL THOUGHTS? WHAT WOULD YOU ADD TO THIS LIST AS A WARNING TO OTHERS ABOUT JOINING THE JWs?

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Requiring 2 witnesses to wrongdoing.

"Leaving it to Jehovah" in spite of scriptures that say to remove the evil one from our midst.

• larc
    larc

Telling the faithful that Armageddon could come any day now and ruining lives in the process. In particular, 1914, 1925, and 1975. In between these years, there was much admonition. In the early 40's, Rutherford "admonished" the faithful against getting married and having children, because the end was so near. What a crock that was!

Brother Toth, I think I heard you speak at a BRCI conference in Orlando. Do I have the right person in mind?

• herk
    herk

larc,

I'm pretty sure he's the same one. I was there too.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

larc,

Good to have more comments from you Larc,

fjtoth,

There you go. Good post. Like larc, I wonder if we know each other?

Jst2laws

edited as a good will jesture

• herk
    herk

• Instead of almost constantly bragging about how loving they are, they ought to demonstrate Christian love by doing more for the community as well as for one another. Jesus washed the feet of the disciples, but JWs don't follow that example in any way, shape or form. With all the wealth the Society has accumulated, they ought to be building hospitals and homeless shelters and at least setting up soup kitchens for the needy. In many cases, they don't even look after their own sick and elderly who no longer have the strength and energy to attend all the meetings and to be regular in "field service" as they did for most of their lives. Shame!!!
  • rocketman
    rocketman

long list.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Dear Herk,

jst2lws,

You're showing as little sense as larc. I know Toth too, and I also know you're not likely to hear from him again due to your careless if not rude assertion about Orlando. Honestly, what's wrong with you guys?

I may not know Toth, I was asking if perhaps I did. I do not know YOU! But that does not make me a fool, does it. I do know enough about larc that to 'show as little sence as larc' is a compliment. If I are missing something importent here, fill me in privately.

[email protected]

J2

• larc
    larc

Herk, I don't know you and I don't know if I know Toth. I do know that I met a man at BRCI who spoke publicly about his opinions and his situation. If, since then, he has chosen to go private and ananomous, that is his peragative. He can either acknowledge that he is who I think he is, or can say he is not who I think he is, or he can remain silent.

Herk, I have do idea why your undies are in a knot over my comments. I was not trying to bring harm to anyone.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Getting this back on topic:

I think we're up to 43 now.

43: They've got 6 million subjects.

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit