What ELSE is wrong with the WT Society and JWs?

by fjtoth 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

• The belief that righteousness is something earned by jumping through predesignated hoops.
    • The practice of withholding material goods from those who don't deserve it
    • The wickedness of lying to oneself to achieve a perceived reward
    • The bizarre and haughty belief that they are the best examples of humans

Somehow I think I could go on all night.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

• The lack of separation between church and the family institution that leads to shunning, family turmoil, abuse, covering up of abuse, guilt, shame, hatred, fear, depression, suicide, envy, an unhealthy spiritual competition comparative to a boxing match, and a complete lack of self-worth.

ash

• micheal
    micheal

The attitude that one can NEVER do enough. It is so deflating when one goes to FIVE meetings every week every month for years, goes out in field service which is a very unnatural thing to do anywhere from 5 to 90 hrs month, give up a very promising carreer in order to do more for the religion, give many many talks in front of 100 people countless times and the list goes on and on and on and on. Then you go to meeting or assembly and all they do is kick you in the teeth and tell you to do MORE!!! I mean come on, if they were coaches for a sports team their whole team would have quit on them a long time ago. And that's exactly what many have done!

• avengers
    avengers

What-else is wrong? What can you add??

The thing wrong with them is the shere fact that they exist!
    In a future where people build, instead of breaking down and trying to get power over people,
    There is no place for the Watchtower.
    If you want to quote the Bible: "There shall be no place found for them".

Revelation 18:21
    Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said: "With such violence the great city of Babylon will be thrown down, never to be found again.

Bye bye Watchtower. Mother of the deceivers. Whore who sleeps with the scarlet Wild Beast.
    Family wreckers. Childkillers. Gone be you by your own word.

Did I incite violence? Or is it GOD HIMSELF?

Andy

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Andy, Andy, Andy!

Is it really the best thing that the Borg falls? Will that help the daughters that we both have in the Borg? How will they feel about it? Will they thank us? I don't think so!

Just look at the news reports at what is happening in Iraq. Are the people there "appreciative" of having the dictator taken from them? It seems not.

What our daughters need is not the downfall of the Borg. They need to see the Borg for what it really is. Just like we did. That's the challenge we have. Or maybe the prayer we have. Of course, if the lack of support for the Borg results in its downfall, so much the better.

That's the way I see it, anyway.

Cheers to you and that pleasant land. Maybe we'll see ya soon!

Cheers, Ozzie

• avengers
    avengers

The point is that our daughters are in the ban of these "upright' men. You can say what you want, the barrier is superhard.

I'm not the one to provoke violence, even though Jehovah is the biggest example.

Maybe after the WT is gone then all the daughters of the world can see what they stood for.

Sorry for being so hard on this "club", but I see their damage everyday and they just do not stop.

Andy

• rocketman
    rocketman

ashitaka, good points. You may have coined a new phrase for me: a 'seperation of church and the family institution'. Very interesting.

• avengers
    avengers

The lack of separation between church and the family institution that leads to shunning, family turmoil, abuse, covering up of abuse, guilt, shame, hatred, fear, depression, suicide, envy, an unhealthy spiritual competition comparative to a boxing match, and a complete lack of self-worth.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Andy,

More important than having less JW influence in this world, we need less people who think the only solution to their problems is a gun in their hand. Whether you realize it or not, your attitude is more likely to drive your daughters even further away from you and even more toward the JWs.

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

Dear FjToth:

Great posting. One of the best I've seen. I would reorder it a little (some are more important than others), and would add only these few (OK, it's not a few). Hopefully, no duplicates here:

41. Teaching that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE when no historical records confirm this and the actual date is believed by ALL historians to be 587 BCE.
    42. Publicly declaring that JW members may leave at any time, of their own free will, when the opposite is true.
    43. Equating Jehovah God with the JW Organization.
    44. Looking the other way when incidents of child molestation occur, due to a lack of two or more witnesses (someone else's point, but it bears repeating).
    45. Claiming that the UN is the "wild beast" of Revelation leading us into Armageddon, but signing on as an NGO member and publishing articles in praise of the United Nations.
    46. Scriptural "gene splicing" thereby changing the meaning of Bible verses to another more convenient meaning.
    47. Failure to respond to moral conflicts of interest from owning stock in a military product corporation (REGI), while at the same time condemning wars and military organizations, and preventing brothers from alternative service in lieu of military service.
    48. Imposing the Mosaic law upon its members when it serves the purposes of the organization.
    49. Prohibiting women from serving in any meaningful role in the congregation, while expecting them to do the majority of the field service.
    50. Requiring a lifetime mandatory commitment to "field service".

Well, I better stop there. I could go on and on and on and on, too....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit