Should the US & Canada use the same currency?

by JH 46 Replies latest jw friends

• jelly
    jelly

I can’t see any real value of the US and Canada switching to a common currency. The economic situation between the US and Canada is not similar to that of France, Germany, etc.

If I remember correctly the main stated reasons Europe switched to the Euro was to help large European multinationals deal with exchange rate difficulties, and to create an economic bloc roughly the size of the US, Canada, and Mexico. For example, if Airbus in France purchased an engine from Germany at eight in the morning it could cost 1000 francs but by noon, the same engine could cost substantially more or less depending on the variations of the two countries currency value. This kind of financial variation makes financial planning difficult.

Terry

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* JH...freako. I would have to be that high to wear a suit and tie!!*LOL* ..Hey they do grow some tasty spiritual food in Canada and if I were there I can assure you that's exactly what the currency would look like...I might even have to arm wrestle OUTLAW for King of The North Title..

BTW, is this Simon with a wig on? I mean come on! its a dead giveaway! *LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• jgnat
    jgnat

Heck, if we are to go to one currency, we should include Mexico. To have one currency, though, we would need one bank to set the rate. Are Mexico and Canada ready to hand over their autonomy to the US? Even if it is just on paper?

I don't think so.

Besides, our money is much more colourful.

• Valis
    Valis
    hand over their autonomy to the US? Even if it is just on paper?

eh jgnat...you know I would be a benevolent dictator...All I ask for is beer from Canada and Mexico...if that happens then no one gets invaded with JWs...fair enough? I was thinking of kicking them out of the country anyway and now I know just where to send the lot of them! Ehehehhh....I will be waiting for my beer..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Despotic Beer Regime"..class

• dottie
    dottie

OMG!!!! Valis for Prime Minister!!!

Actually...that could be a good thing...ciggie and alcohol taxes would drop...Free beer on weekends....hmmmm methinks that he would get LOTS of votes

Dottie...of the wanting an Overbeer for PM class

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* dottie...you might have better luck getting the canadian District Overbeer elected...he would probably have free beer every day...I present your next vialbe candidate for Prime Minister........Brother Beans! he's got my vote...*LOL* Besides I want to be Supreme Emperor of the Americas...not just some Prime Ministerial Servant..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Don Smith
    Don Smith

The US should adopt the the Canadian currency for the following practical reasons .

You can readily see the colour of our money , each denomination the 5 , 10 , 20 , 50 ,100 is a different colour . Also the currency amount of each bill is 4 to 5 times larger than the US bills . I also believe our bills are more difficult to counterfeit

Additionally we went to the looney $1and the tooney $2 because it saved us big bucks in not having to reprint the old bills .

Some may not be aware the at one time you had a Canadian in your Minting Dept ,high enough up who was pushing for the colour of your money .

As far as exchange , we live in Aldergrove B.C. and are 4 miles from the US border and buy dairy products on a regular basis even though the canadian currency is worth .$.72 cents compared to the US $1.00 But that should change with the huge deficit being run up by the present and who knows that the Canadian dollar may be worth $1.10 compared to $1.00 US which it was at one time when i was growing up.

Time will tell Don

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit