Should the US & Canada use the same currency?

by JH 46 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Since a few years, the Euro has been introduced in Europe. Many countries share the same currency.

Would it be a good idea if everyone in North America would use the American dollar just like everyone uses the Euro in Europe?

Would this be financially beneficial, or would this be a first step in Canada becoming a part of the US?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don`t mind if the US wants to change to Canadian Currency.....OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, all Europe is involved with the Euro. To be fair, won't Mexico and Central America have to be included so the whole continent is involved? With the way the electronic money system is evolving, currency will go the way of the dinosaur, probably not in my lifetime though.

Blondie

• Valis
    Valis

ah shit...we're doomed!

5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00
    • Issued at Gas Bars only •Redeemable at Store only
    3¢/5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00
    • Introduction of 3¢ •Issued at Stores only • Redeemable at Store and Gas Bar
    1¢/2¢/3¢/4¢/5¢/10¢/15¢/20¢/25¢/30¢/35¢ 40¢/45¢/50¢/60¢/$1.00
    • Issued at Gas Bars only • Redeemable at Store only
    3¢/5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00
    • 50th Anniversary issue • Issued and Redeemable at Store and Gas Bar
    3¢/5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00
    • Issued at Stores only • Redeemable at Store and Gas Bar
    3¢/5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00
    • XXIst Olympiad in Montreal issue
    • Issued at Stores only •Redeemable at Store and Gas Bar
    5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00
    • Issued by Stores only • Redeemable at Stores only
    5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00
    • Issued by Stores only • Redeemable at Stores only
    5¢/10¢/25¢/50¢/$1.00/$2.00
    • Introduction of $2.00 • Issued by Stores only
    •Redeemable "Only at CTC Stores"
    •Completely redesigned • Issued by Stores and Gas Bar
    • Redeemable at Stores only
    • 75th Anniversary issue Issued by Stores and Gas Bar
    • Redeemable at Store only
    • CTC logo in place of 75th logo • Issued by Stores and Gas Bar
    • Redeemable at Store only

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Canadian Tire Money?..Valis you shit!..LOL!!..That stuff is worthless even up here..Try buying beer with Canadian tire money,LOL!..I`d wish you a Happy Birthday but I never know when the real one is,thanks to "bad seed".....OUTLAW

• Seven
    Seven

Only if we can have the loonie. alt

This one's cool.

alt

• foreword
    foreword

I doubt very much that it will happen soon, and I do not wish for it. It would make Canadians almost Americans and I don't think they want to be identified as such.

Canadians are just fine with their currency, it might be in trouble, but at least it keeps their independance.

• Scully
    Scully

Absolutely not. I happen to like Canadian money. It's colourful. I don't have to take a second (or third) look at whose picture is on it to know a $5 bill from a $10 bill or a $20 bill.

Besides, if Canadians and Americans used the same currency, it would ruin the Canadian tourism industry, and it would make me want to go shopping south of the border all the time.

Some things are better left alone. This is one of them.

Love, Scully

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well, as it stands, Americans can easily use their money north of the border. We accept it, and of course, grant it proper exchange rate.

Now...the other way around, is well...forget it. There are very few, and I mean very few places in the USA that will accept Canadian currency.

Border cities on the USA side, depending upon their size will offer of course, offer a place to exchange the money, but to use it at businesses in the neighbouring city/town: good luck.

Best city for Canuck bucks: Niagara Falls, NY., Buffalo, NY., and some small towns bordering New Brunswick, Canada in Maine, USA.

Detroit, I had zero luck. Port Huron, Michigan. Very few places would accept it. Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, would take it in limited quanitities.

Blaine, Washington - almost everywhere took the Canuck Bucks with the loss of exchange, and the same goes for Bellingham, WA., and more than likely, along the Canada/US border out west.

Do any of you Canadians remember when our money was worth more than the American dollar? It was back in the mid 1970s. For years prior to that, they were almost at par, gaining or losing a few cents.

I like our Canuck Bucks. Nice themes on them. Nice colour and security features which are pretty cool. http://www.bankofcanada.com (or .org)

Now...if we could only get rid of Liz (queen) on our coins/paper money, then I'd be happy and we as a country would be more complete.

• JH
    JH

We could have a Canadian bill with an American on it. right Valis??? This could give more value to our money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit