New member checking in

by Old Major 49 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Old Major, .

I have learned more about the religion, the Bible and life in general here than I ever did from the Org.

Since you have been reading here for awhile Im sure you know what I mean by that.

Treating the meetings as a social club sounds like a great technique.

A very warm welcome to you!

• fr0808
    fr0808
    Welcome to the party, pal!
  • clarity
    clarity

Big welcome to you Major...do you have any family out, some one to talk to? Has your mate woken up at all? What was the major thing that did it for you?

Wish you all the best

clarity

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    @Giordano - love it! A gym and a pub. Although I probably identify with the pub more and leave ones like SecretSlaveClass to the gym! Welcome!!!
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Hello & welcome. When you get time, would love to know some specifics as to what started you to wake up.
  • skin
    skin

Hi Old Major

What was it that cracked the protective shell of the WT for you? What was the main issue or issues? For me personally it was the lying about what they claimed they knew about the 1914 date in the 40 years leading up to 1914. (As published in WT mags from before 1980 - Now). It was only when I read the old WT books (Study of the Scriptures - Vol 2) from that (early 1900's) time period that the real origin of 1914 and what they taut during that time came to light, vastly different from what they want you to believe today. In fact bringing up this truthful information to any witness today would have me branded "apostate" in no time. Simply because the real origin of 1914 is not the current version of truth they want you to know today. How could an organization proclaiming the truth publish misleading information regarding what they knew about 1914.

Enjoy your stay here.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Hi Old Major. I like your technique of treating the meetings as a social club. That should work just fine.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Welcome

Fmf

• possum
    possum

hello and welcome from Australia

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad you could join us.

Lisa 🌹

Share this