New member checking in

by Old Major 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Old Major
    Old Major

Hi

I am new here. Been reading for about 2 and a half years, thought I would take the plunge and sign up.

My Circumstances... I Live in UK, Serving as MS. I am fully awake. I can not leave due to family, so just treating the meetings as a bit of a social club. I would like to give out more details, but I think you all know the drill.

Complete Disillusionment and I suppose natural curiosity woke me up.

Don't know what else to say right now, just hello, and I hope to get to know some of you guys better.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Welcome! So many are awakening! Freedom is a wonderful thing!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Hi there Old Major! Welcome to the nut house.
  • prologos
    prologos
    I am envious, first love--of freedom, but keep learning here., There is many facets to this brilliant diamond.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Welcome, have fun.....
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Welcome Old Major! Glad to see another person awake. Wish you the very best.
  • Simon
    Simon

Welcome to the forum.

We're all mostly going along the same path, some further along and some at different speeds but plenty of people will understand your situation and the challenges you face.

What is your cong / elders like? Is it a hard-line one or fairly relaxed? Hopefully the latter - it can makes things easier.

• Old Major
    Old Major

Thanks for all the welcomes :-)

As for my elders, about half and half. Although I have taken up an unreliable scatty personality (albeit intentionally) the last few years, which lets me get away a lot more than I should in the congregation.

• cognac
    cognac
    Welcome!
  • Giordano
    Giordano
    Welcome Old Major! Plenty of good people here who know who you are (not your name) and what you are experiencing. This place serves as a gym where you can mentally work out your issues and any problem and a Tavern where everyone will know your new name. Think of it as your lost tribe or a bridge that can ease you to a better place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit