New member checking in

by Old Major 49 Replies latest jw friends

• chicken little
    chicken little

Welcome to the club...hope you find your way out of the organization for good, it seems to be so many that are just going through the motions and showing up for the social element connected to the religion.

Anyone who left more than five years ago would not recognize this religion anymore it has changed beyond anything anyone could have imagined. Wish you all the best.

Chicken little

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Welcome too from UK
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    welcome OM, fellow Brit here!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Welcome - from Scotland.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome to freedom of mind Old Major, from Leicestershire.

Old Major, Animal Farm?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome Old Major,

I too am from the UK. Liverpool. Enjoy your time here

Kate xx

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Welcome Major! Great group of people here who do an excellent job of working together on an anti-Org vaccine.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff
    Welcome Old Major
  • Old Major
    Old Major

Thanks again for all the welcomes.

As to what woke me up? It's really hard to put my finger on it. I think it was a gradual awakening, but unaware that i was actually waking up. I started reading here because the WT kept on saying not to and how bad apostates are. Wanted to see what the deal was. I would definatly say this site was important to me waking up. Not too sure if it would have happened on it's own otherwise.

Never really liked the idea of living in a paradise earth, the way the ORG portrayed it. the pictures always looked a bit creepy. The idea of living on a peaceful earth on the other hand really does appeal to me (obviously). But I never liked the way JWs would slam any organisation actually making an effort to make the world more peaceful. Never made any sense.

As i mentioned in my opening post, I felt and still do feel a massive sense of disillusionment with the whole thing. Along with not believing any of it anymore.

I have turned into one of those unreliable guys at the hall, where no one really knows if i'll turn up to anything. Not just to meetings and ministry, but in daily life that involves any JWs. I figured it's best to get removed for being unreliable and late (and things like this) as it won't compromise my position with my family.

Sorry for the long post.

• Peony
    Peony

Hello Old Major

Welcome. I must say your tactic sounds like a good one, best of luck.

Oxfordshire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit