Sex before marriage

by Jules Saturn 56 Replies latest social relationships

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

How else would two people know if they're sexually compatible?

One wouldn't buy a vehicle without taking it out for a drive, nor would one buy a pair of shoes without trying them on. So why would one marry someone without knowing they would be sexually compatible? You wouldn't. Of course the Dubs only think of the actual physical mechanics of sex, and the mechanics are pretty much common universally.

Personally, now that I do not have THAT goofy conduct ban hanging over my head I have found that "recreational" sex is some of the BEST sex. I am an official member of the 4-F club.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    The "sin" in not unmarried sex. The sin is producing a child outside of a marriage.

This is very true which is why I believe, in the days before contraception, the sanctions on girls having sex before marriage were inordinately heavier than that for boys (for whom there didn't seem to be any).Essentially because girls risked bearing unprotected children should the father decide not to admit to the child. Before social welfare a child with no father claiming it was a child who could starve.

For those of us from large continents, with big populations, this must be how we established our social mores.

The Polynesians, who came from small islands where communities would know everyone, were more relaxed about sexuality (before European religion arrived). I assume since there was no risk of an abandoned starving child, as the community was responsible for all children anyway.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

John: I didn't sleep with my wife before we were married. Did you? Bob: I'm not sure, what was your wife's maiden name? Oh hell I thought it was funny..

• TD
    TD

One wouldn't buy a vehicle without taking it out for a drive, nor would one buy a pair of shoes without trying them on.

I think dancing is a good analogy. Even at the professional level, some couples just don't dance well together.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Im unmarried with 2 kids. Do with that information as you choose.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes we have condoms now

Yet the average number of legal abortions annually in the US is over a million; 53 million between 1973 and 2012.

I realize that these statistics don't tell us how many of these were performed on unwed women....but still I wonder how many would have been avoided if people waited till they were married to have sex.

I also realize this will not go over well with some, but I think society would be a lot better off if biblical standards were valued and promoted.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I agree V7, reason I got in JW in the first place as I was on a self destructive tangent for a while and figured Biblical standards would help me out which they did, avoided quite a bit of grief I think. Lack of self control of one's impulses can end up costing big, seen it.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Marriage is great and all but if you've only been with one partner it always leaves you with the feeling that the grass might be greener somewhere else. It's probably best to get some experience when you're young but be responsible about it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Intro

Seems to me that society would be a lot better off if biblical standards were promoted (not enforced) through schools, media and movies.

Take STDs for example. Over 19 million Americans are treated every year for STDs costing over 16 billion in medical expenses. I think we can imagine how much the incidence of STDs would be reduced if biblical sexual standards were followed.

• just fine
    just fine

Sure - biblical sexual standards where women are claimed as spoils of war and forced to marry their rapists?

I think i’ll pass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit