Things You Still Agree With The JWs On

by Fred Franztone 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

Literally...as a real guy walking on water,feeding people with two fish etc.....no......as a literary character telling us truths about ourselves....yes.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    SBF (JWS) are the most consistent defenders of God's name.
    • It's the old king Saul argument isn't it? A bad king doesn't stop it being Jehovah's people. It's worth considering at least
      e
    • SBF Was Jesus real?
    • DioSister [opens door; goes outside] ahem...AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• WeatherLover
    WeatherLover

I may agree with some things in principle, but not in absolutes. I could conceive of situations in which stealing would be morally right (National Treasure).

One of my biggest issues with JWs (and a lot of other religions) is when you ask why something is wrong and their answer is "Because the Bible says so." That's an appeal to authority. Matt Dillahunty mentions that in this video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pygo0JBK3xA

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I'm thankful for the principals of love (although not always practiced).

It's strange but that transferred nicely when I came out of "the truth" to be accepting and inclussive of everyone and WAY less judgmental. I try to really help people now with whatever means I can.

• venus
    venus

What I liked about JWs is that when they world did something good, they too made necessary change. When Kofi Atta Annan was elected as the seventh Secretary-General of the United Nations in 1996, JWs too appointed one GB member from the black community (Samuel F. Herd) in the year 1999, thus proved to be better than Catholics who are yet to have a Pope from Black community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit