They Finally Did It

by kelpie 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    we dont want to ever speak to or see you again..."

I'm so sorry Kelpie. I cried like a baby when my father told me this, and he was a lousy SOB who never gave a damn about me. I can only imagine how much it hurts coming from a parent you cared for and you thought cared about you.

Megadude is right. It will hurt for a long time. Eventually it will heal and leave a scar, just like a physical wound. Grieve for what you lost and for what you could have, and should have had. The feeling is appropriate.

I can't ever imagine saying this to my daughter.

• Maverick
    Maverick

My heart goes out to you, it takes some serious brainwashing to be willing to treat you own child like that. I have an eighteen year old daughter...I can't imagine going along with the GB on this. May you have peace. Maverick

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Dearest Kelpie/Kim, I am so sorry for what you are going through. In my experience, weddings and funerals bring out the worst in people, and this is a prime example. Focus on the wonderful person you are marrying and on how you want YOUR life to be. Time sometimes softens hard feelings and hopefully they will come around. If not, I'll be glad to make the journey to slap 'em upside the head for you.

And if it's any comfort, Big Tex and I had a really bad wedding but we've been happily married for 20 years (this June) now! So maybe this is an indication that you will have a blissfully happy marriage, huh?

Chin up, darling. You've got a big cheering section here.

Nina

• manon
    manon

Kelpie,

My sister in law was treated similarly like this by her staunch jw parents. She suffered tremendously as well as my niece and nephew. They grew up without the love and support of their maternal grandparents.

We taught these youngster who are now 23 & 18 to love without condition by example. Their grandparents today are amazed at how fantastic their grandchildren turn out. The truth of it is that they were never a part of this. That is a tough reality check that they have to live with every day of their lives.

I hope your family realize what's at stake here. I'm sorry to here your feeling hurt by their choice. I wish peace for you and your family. And I'm glad your back.

Manon

• kelpie
    kelpie

I cried while reading your posts.

Thank you all so much for you support. Its so good to know I have people who know what I am going through. My man is wonderful but doesnt understand the whys and hows.

Blissisingorance... if you are still around, I would love to catch up and have chat.. You have my number, if you have misplaced it, I will send you a message with my number.

I hope to be around alot more agian now.. things were just so hectic the last few weeks.

Love to all

kim

• Mac
    Mac

Hey there little Kelpster,

I know there are no words I can conjure to ease your pain and angst at this moment. I can say this: Be proud of yourself for discovering and recognizing that you are are unique and valuable.....that you hold honesty above all else.....that you can stand on your own in spite of the opinions and years of programming by those who have had the advantage of being able to wire your brain from inception . You are on your own two feet......years ahead of them----perhaps in time you can help them, perhaps not. It's not your problem, it is theirs. Do not look back and do not feel guilty....you are doing the only thing you can, you are being true to yourself and in turn true to others. You have found someone who loves you.......carve out a life for yourself.....it is your time.

I'm in no way diminishing your feelings, Kim....it's going to take some time --and mourning is an accurate assessment of what you are going through....it is natural and it WILL pass.

Our thoughts are with you....chin up girlie!

mac

• kelpie
    kelpie

(((mac)))

you are beautiful.... thanks for everything

Kim

• Xandria
    Xandria

Kelpie,

I know you are in a lot of pain right now. I cannot fathom how jw parents can just turn themselves off at will, a majority of us have gone through the same types of issues.

All I can say is you have a "secondary" family with us. I hope one day that your family really does see the "light" (for lack of better word). Take care.

Regards,

Xandria

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Kim,

So sorry for what you are going through. And when it should be one of the most blessed times of your life. You are NOT alone.

Please keep posting here, and reading others' stories. You'll learn how much in life was NEVER your fault. You'll learn that sometimes the ones we love the most are incredibly wrong. You'll learn to form new relationships which are not so conditional (looks like you already have, in which case, you'll learn how to nurture those relationships, and forego the ones that just are a no-win).

((((((Kim))))))

Love, blacksheep

• DJ
    DJ

(((((kelpie)))))

That happened to me too. They shunned me for a few years. It's very painful, I know. They are misled, try to remember that. Personally, I was comforted by Psalm 27: 8-10.

I'm so happy that you have someone who loves you. Even though he can't really understand what you are feeling, I'm sure that it hurts him to see you being treated this way.

Love, Dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit