The political left, perfectly captured in one short video exchange

by Simon 51 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

This perfectly encapsulates the behaviour and opinions of the left and Dave Rubin nails it - "you're not oppressed, you're entitled".

Lots of of shouting and claims of being denied rights to speak but nothing really to say when given a mic, just endless shouting and baseless confused claims about 'free speech'. Hey, some BLM bitches try and get in on it too because, why not.

Constant "I have a question, I have a question ..." as though she isn't allowed to ask it when the reality is she really has nothing to say, she just wants to stop other people being able to talk. What a stupid cunt.

Sadly, the left is indoctrinating a generation to think that *this* is what political discourse and "taking a stand" is. They are being conditioned to protest and shout as though it will accomplish something, anything, when the reality is they are chanting their mantras to show they are controlled and to prevent any civil political discussion from taking place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsptoFCdTc

• Della Street
    Della Street

That was one of the most ridiculous conversations I've ever witnessed.

She started out asking a good question, but then couldn't get it together to actually engage in a real conversation.

Sad.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

He dealt with her well. He came across as reasonable and realistic.

Love it when he asked her about her oppression and she said she'll discuss it for money ... so he pulled twenty bucks out of his wallet XD

This was a bit like Peterson vs Newman all over again.

It seemed to me she was trying to trap him - trying to get him to say he endorses hate speech ... but he didn't fall for it.

Thing is, there are places in the world where ethnic and sexual minorities are genuinely oppressed, even massacred.

Generally speaking, Lefties don't want to talk about that.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

is this meant to sharpen reasoning skills, Simon, or indicate how we do not stop falling for whatever grabs an unreasoning part of ourselves if we do not take steps to avoid doing so?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Ruby - the OP is showing what state the left is in today.

Big on emotions but not on logic, regard for facts, or appreciation of our freedoms the West has given us.

Nick Cohen wrote a whole book about it. It's called What's Left?

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Is she Simon's daughter?

• cofty
    cofty
    Nick Cohen wrote a whole book about it. It's called What's Left?

Excellent book. Chapter six is a brilliant critique of Noam Chomsky.

The radical Left can only exist in opposition, they are totally vacuous.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

luhe both sides the extreme left and extreme right exist within polarised conditions. Simon is in Canada you are in the UK. such extremes exist here too (and in Canada) but they are in disarray. Surely you two can bring some reason to these issues instead of appearing to fall for them hook line and sinker? falling for the good v evil that JWS preach and which shirley in her thread described very well is surely a lesson for us when we confront how people choose to fall for these in the world today?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

falling for the good v evil that JWS preach - I haven't fallen for this and I don't think Simon has either.

Yes there are extremists on the left and on the right.

Right wing extremists are allowed their opinions but are rightly marginalised (this is good).

Left wing extremists have infested our media, politics, schools, uni's, borough councils and town halls (not so good).

@cofty - I haven't read Cohen's book - I'll have to buy it.

BTW Nick Cohen is one example of a Leftie who actually thinks and debates. He's as rare as snow in the Sahara XD

• cofty
    cofty
    @cofty - I haven't read Cohen's book - I'll have to buy it.

It's very good. Cohen is the Left's 'apostate'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit