I told her... Results: unexpected.

by cappytan 34 Replies latest members private

• cappytan
    cappytan

I sincerely appreciate all the positive reinforcement. 

The GB would have us believe that "doubters" or what they label as "apostates" are sick individuals, negative and mentally diseased.

So far, in lurking for a while, and now participating, I've found all of you to be truth seekers and generally positive and usually constructive when negative.

I don't have all the answers, none of us really do. But, to know that there are others going through what I'm going through helps tremendously.

• quest81
    quest81
    cappytan: I wonder what the reaction would be if I read it openly and when asked about it say, "But we're not a cult, so it's nothing to worry about, right?"

Not really, certain keywords might trigger certain emotions and such. Being in the infancy of your questioning dialogue, I would exercise greater caution when bringing up the cult word. Perhaps only after you have gone through the entire book, you could casually ask her to also read it. It doesn't mention JWs (except for a reference in the Index - you can tear off that page) so it cannot be considered apostate material.

• kairos
    kairos

I am so happy for you.

Dream come true.

I really thought my wife would surely listen to my discoveries of TTATT.

Our envy of your situation is paired with applause.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cappytan, I just read your opening post.  Great, Wow, Awesome!!!!

Just wanted to say that.  

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

cappytan, you've already made the effort to start talking to your wife.

The first conversation and reaction to it never guarantees how things are going to go. So I wish you the best.

In the meanwhile, here's a thread you may find helpful.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/214560/how-did-you-tell-your-mate-that?page=1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit