Things I Cant Stand Since Leaving Watchtower

by pale.emperor 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I'm still physically in, but one thing I don't miss from being mentally in is the guilt and never feeling good enough or that you've tried hard enough.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Having to listen to speakers who were hacks, who could not use simple English properly, but thought they were JKF and MLK wrapped up in one.

• John Free
    John Free

Reminds me of a time a middle aged bachelor brother couldn't locate his shoes before leaving for the meet. He turned up suited but not booted, he had trainers/sneakers on. The PO/COBE was visibly shaking with fury. The Pharisees.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Things I can't stand since leaving WT.

Phoney fake people.

Talking with JWs (see above.)

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Reminds me of a time a middle aged bachelor brother couldn't locate his shoes before leaving for the meet. He turned up suited but not booted, he had trainers/sneakers on. The PO/COBE was visibly shaking with fury. The Pharisees.

Oh i dont know, i think this fella's got it down to a good look. And i bet he's a better speaker than the PO as well.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

@Neat Blue Dog

I'm still physically in, but one thing I don't miss from being mentally in is the guilt and never feeling good enough or that you've tried hard enough.

Those are my sentiments exactly. Such a relief, especially to be able to put anything on your report form as it doesn't mean anything at the end of the day!

However, those feelings of self worth (or lack thereof), I doubt I'll ever get back. Crazy how indoctrination from a young age can really screw you up.

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Zeb: "Elders who have to sum up an entire meeting in final prayer as if god is an idiot and has to have it all rehashed for him."

Yes!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Praising the 'faithful slave(tm)'. It got on my tits even when I was a jobo drone.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Having children, some as young as 6, wasting their whole school vacation in field circus. And I do mean the whole thing. They go out at 9 in the morning, and they don't arrive back home until after 5 PM--every day. This is because the mother feels like pious-sneering. And they get spankings (and beatings) when they play around--poking mud puddles with a stick is a good way to get one.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Weddings were there was an old elder sat at the bar with a notepad keeping tabs on how many drinks each of us have had. This actually happened on a few occasions in my JW days.

Whoah! I never heard of this one. Crazy how some elders create these rogue rules, as if they are Gestapo. Glorified window washers that bask in the glory of controlling that small universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit