Things I Cant Stand Since Leaving Watchtower

by pale.emperor 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

What a breath a fresh air to be free of Watchtower. Now i can finally rant about the things i put up with that i'd never put up with now.

In no particular order:

• Little kids in suits. I'd see like 2yo boys in a full suit. Im sure the parents thought it was "cute" but, cummon people. Really?
    • The phrase "wait on Jehovah" to any question that cant be answered. Or when you express a disagreement with some "new light".
    • Conventions. Sitting there for 6-8 hours with only 1 break in the middle. Which was spent either looking for a marriage mate or if you were already married trying to find someone to hang around with because you're no longer of interest.
    • Being asked to do mics or sound desk duty. I seemed to be the person called upon to do it every meeting.
    • Door to door ministry. I WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN. Nor will any child i have or may have. It ends with me.
    • Passing the memorial emblems. Not that i'd ever go again, but if any bread or wine is passed to me you can guarantee that im gonna eat or drink it. I mean, it'd be rude not to seeing as Jesus told us to. (Im an atheist btw).
    • Everyone being on their best behavior when the CO comes round. Elders being all jokey and pall-y with eachother all kissing ass to be his best mate for the week.
    • Those stupid songs.
    • Weddings were there was an old elder sat at the bar with a notepad keeping tabs on how many drinks each of us have had. This actually happened on a few occasions in my JW days.
    • The usual douchbag who turns up to the convention in a white suit, sunglasses and white shoes. You know who you are.
    • The JW boy you see at conventions and parties that is living a non-JW life but puts on a front in the KH but we all know he's got 2 or 3 JW girlfriends who just love to be seen with him. This used to really annoy me. Either be a JW or leave!
    • "Why dont you reach out?". Elders would say that to me despite me working fulltime, barely making ends meet and having a baby child at home to look after. Why the hell would i want to be an MS or Elder?
  • cofty
    cofty

Love it!

Can I also add underlining books and magazines please? My mother used/uses highlighters in multiple colours that all meant something to her. By the time she was finished there was not a single word that wasn't covered in fluorescent ink.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''By the time she was finished there was not a single word that wasn't covered in fluorescent ink.''

I remember I went through a brief phase of after my Dad nagging me to ''pre study' the Watchtower 'study',

underlining every single word of the whole 'study' article. Just to prove a point.

I very rarely answered at the meetings, certainly not the latter years,

but I so wanted to put my hand up and then read out the whole paragraph in answer to the question, just after the Watchtower reader had just read it.

• John Free
    John Free

Having to wear a tie and jacket on the platform even in very hot weather. - because we all no the bible commands that...the Pharisees. One year the WT coductor even passed out and was taken to a&e. They simply carried on with the meet replacing him with another jacket wearing hero.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Elders asking, "Are you refusing to talk to us?"

If I was ever confronted with that question again, the predators would never forget my reply!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

praying out loud at the end of the meeting. especially up on the platform. i hated it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

praying out loud at the end of the meeting. especially up on the platform. i hated it.

The thing about giving the prayer was, we're all trying to "pad out" the prater to make it sounds really good. When in reality the prayers in my head were to the point and direct.

• tiki
    tiki

The sheer boredom of the same thing over and over again ad nauseum.

The guilt tripping to get people to clean the hall.

Expected to clean said hall toilets included while all dressed up in meeting clothes. Seriously people...do you get alI digged out to clean your own house??

People thinking it safe to go h-h in drug crime infested neighborhoods...females young ones alone...

Hypocrites all gushing over circuit dudes visit...and the ones who couldn't say boo to you any other time but when he was around acting all friendly lovely.

Gossip....the gossip....omg they are masters of that.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Religion is my pet hate now. Especially those that try to force their mumbo jumbo god nonsense onto me. I see people thanking Jesus for this and that....even for Presidents of their country.

Although I miss the fake comfort of a god who'll make me live forever, I prefer to know reality for what it is.

• zeb
    zeb

"Having to wear a tie and jacket -even in very hot weather"... little boys in suits...

Chewing gum being chewed in meetings. Sisters with shoes (sandals ) off and bare foot.

Elders who have to sum up an entire meeting in final prayer as if god is an idiot and has to have it all rehashed for him.

The use of 100 words of often poor choice when 20 would do.

People holding up my wife for interminable yackity yak but can never pay us a visit.

bah.................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit