What a breath a fresh air to be free of Watchtower. Now i can finally rant about the things i put up with that i'd never put up with now.
In no particular order:
- Little kids in suits. I'd see like 2yo boys in a full suit. Im sure the parents thought it was "cute" but, cummon people. Really?
- The phrase "wait on Jehovah" to any question that cant be answered. Or when you express a disagreement with some "new light".
- Conventions. Sitting there for 6-8 hours with only 1 break in the middle. Which was spent either looking for a marriage mate or if you were already married trying to find someone to hang around with because you're no longer of interest.
- Being asked to do mics or sound desk duty. I seemed to be the person called upon to do it every meeting.
- Door to door ministry. I WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN. Nor will any child i have or may have. It ends with me.
- Passing the memorial emblems. Not that i'd ever go again, but if any bread or wine is passed to me you can guarantee that im gonna eat or drink it. I mean, it'd be rude not to seeing as Jesus told us to. (Im an atheist btw).
- Everyone being on their best behavior when the CO comes round. Elders being all jokey and pall-y with eachother all kissing ass to be his best mate for the week.
- Those stupid songs.
- Weddings were there was an old elder sat at the bar with a notepad keeping tabs on how many drinks each of us have had. This actually happened on a few occasions in my JW days.
- The usual douchbag who turns up to the convention in a white suit, sunglasses and white shoes. You know who you are.
- The JW boy you see at conventions and parties that is living a non-JW life but puts on a front in the KH but we all know he's got 2 or 3 JW girlfriends who just love to be seen with him. This used to really annoy me. Either be a JW or leave!
- "Why dont you reach out?". Elders would say that to me despite me working fulltime, barely making ends meet and having a baby child at home to look after. Why the hell would i want to be an MS or Elder?