Things I Cant Stand Since Leaving Watchtower

by pale.emperor 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

"... turns up to the convention in a white suit, sunglasses and white shoes."- Wouldn't a jw get in trouble for that? standing out too much? or were you joking?

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

As a kid being forced to wear an assembly badge. Then being stood at a bus stop waiting for the bus to Twickenham assembly as my school pals walked by gawping at my badge. Then being asked by another batchelor bro if I was ashamed to wear the badge.

• snugglebunny
  • Funchback
    Funchback

Shepherding calls... No, we're not visiting because we like you. We're doing it out of obligation.

Rendering your spouse his/her due...What kind of foolishness is that? If your spouse boinks you because of this counsel, just go ahead and end your marriage.

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

Its been a while but here's some of mine:

Anything formal especially dresswise

The expression 'the truth' its anything but.

Passing big family occasions in order to go to a meeting

' we don't celebrate....' Was the buzz word when I was a kid for basically anything the petty rules forbid.

' you have been seen wearing/ doing/with......'. Doesn't matter if your on a remote mountain in Mongolia some idiot will see you and report you for wearing or doing something inappropriate. If there's a way of looking at a situation that could be innocent or could be guilty no prizes for guessing how it will be assumed.

Brother so n so, sister so n so. You are not related stop pretending you are.

Anything nasty is ' Jehovah's living provision" Noooooo its just nasty.

That's my venting done

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Circuit Overseers asking those stupid trick questions from the platform so they can tell each person who's frantically waving their arm that they've got it wrong and then smugly give a ridiculous answer no one could possibly have guessed. I just wanted to slap them.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    AverageJoe

Those are my sentiments exactly. Such a relief, especially to be able to put anything on your report form as it doesn't mean anything at the end of the day!

Yes, I just started falsifying my monthly report several months ago! Even after I was mentally out, I still continued to be fairly honest on my report out of not thinking about it, or maybe a little guilt. But now I always put average but decent figures, always above what ministerial servants are required to have. If they're gonna judge me, it's not gonna be based on that paper!
  • Ding
    Ding

Little kids in suits.

That's one of the worst. No real childhood. Total uniformity.

I so wanted to put my hand up and then read out the whole paragraph in answer to the question, just after the Watchtower reader had just read it.

I saw people do this -- not to mock the process but out of fear of leaving out something important. The study conductor praised them for their answer and then added in a couple more points so as to get in the last word.

Praising the 'faithful slave'TM

Especially when commenting on a study article about how JWs never follow or exalt men...

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

An Uber Elder,s wife and sons that from her seat, she directs the sickening songs as if she were a Lawrence Welk type, and shaking her head up and down to every statement from the platform, as if she were a bobble head. So pious and condescending. Very similar to watching Jimmy Swaggart singers on tv and as the hold their hands waving to the ceiling, it is just so phony.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Pantyhose (ooh, the word alone makes me feel like I'm at a meeting)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit