Have I Drifted Too Far?

by sinboi 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JeffroI think he’s drifted from his timeline. Apparently he was 17 6 years ago, but now has only recently completed his 2 years in the army which was required at 18.

Jeffro he said he's been out of the army for 2 years....which if he did join at 18 makes him anything from 22 to 23 years now. Meaning he was 17 six years ago...c'mon now. English isn't his first language and it's obvious the dude's clearly struggling here ...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Diogenesister:

Jeffro he said he's been out of the army for 2 years

No, he actually said that when he joined the army, he felt bad even though at that time he had been out of the JWs for two years.

You are being fed a story.

• fezzik
    fezzik

I remember reading that post. Not sure it merited being banned, but it was somewhat shocking and not something I’d condone. Perhaps you should repost it here so everyone can read it and see for themselves.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    No, he actually said that when he joined the army, he felt bad even though at that time he had been out of the JWs for two years.

Yes. He DA at 15. Joined up at around 17/18. Has been out of the army for 2 years now.

My point was that his AGE timeline is correct as per his posting.

I don't understand what the issue is. He had sex with his girlfriend when they were both teens....what's so shocking about that? Probably not the smartest thing but par for the course for most young people......either married or not married. Many JWs marry at that age (or within a year or so) and then divorce. What's worse? To my mind better to marry later....for life, than rush in to marriage in order to feel better about having sex, only to divorce a couple of years later.

Sinboi needs therapy to get over the terrible fear, obligation and guilt (F.O.G.) a Watchtower upbringing imbues in young folk.

• fezzik
    fezzik

To fully understand you have to read the original post as it was. He said he had sex with a minor. The rest was pretty unhinged. I understand it might have been misunderstood, but it was because of how it was presented.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Diogenesister:

Has been out of the army for 2 years now.

No, he never said that. Probably will now though. 🙄

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    No, he never said that. Probably will now though. 🙄

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6195812055908352/new-army-boy-missing-his-parents

If you check this post of 4 years ago he is a newish army recruit. Therefore if he served his two years he will have been out two years. Remember his English isn't perfect.

He said he had sex with a minor.

Yes and he was also a minor....sometimes Reddit gets so puritanical. No it's not advisable but they were both kids

• sinboi
    sinboi

I don’t have a copy of the post. I can remember what I wrote about but I couldn’t remember how I wrote it.

I can just remember I said something like :

“I committed a crime but that should not be a crime.”

To some, it may appear that I am an unrepentant criminal bragging about his crime. Shocking indeed!

But to me, I have the misconception that I have committed a crime by having sex with a minor when in fact , I have not.

When I said it shouldn’t be a crime, really to me it shouldn’t be a crime. Sex among the young is so common. A girl in my class left school because she is pregnant. The father of the child could be the rich boy from the next class. This case is known throughout the school. The teachers knew about it, the principal knew about it. But no police came to arrest the boy. That is why I said it shouldn’t be a crime at all.

• sinboi
    sinboi

There is another incident in the army that I mentioned in the post. It shouldn't be shocking to anyone because that is very common in the military. I will touch on it maybe later tonite or 2morrow. By the way, my time is +8GMT.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Could be. I know one that got banned from this site cause he wrote positive things about Lloyd Evans.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit