A new army boy missing his parents?

by sinboi 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• sinboi
    sinboi

Just imagine. A 18 y.o. boy who for 16 years have been taught to live for God’s kingdom, be no part of the world and not to kill, been called up for military service and have to put on the army uniform….

I thought I was prepared for it. But the moment when I was given my army uniform, the truth fell on me. This is the exact moment for me to decide whose side I want to be. Jehovah’s or satan’s. This is not a child play thing. This is real. I will be learning to KILL!

I wanted to run away, I don’t want to make the decision there and then. But I need to….. I have to put on the army uniform.

I don’t know anybody there. Nobody understand what my mind is going through. I don’t want to talk to the others. When someone wanted to talk to me, I just told him I wanted to be alone. I was being mocked at. They say I must be missing my parents.

A few days later, I notice someone praying before taking his lunch and found out that he is from the Methodist church. YES! THAT’S IT! THAT IS THE MEDICINE I NEED!

The Bible, even if it is true, did not forbid taking up of arms. Christians from the churches are joining the army. Why should I be guilty about it? It is only that cult that forbids its members to join the army. I am no longer a member of that cult!

Ever since then, I am able to get along with the others. Another difficulty lying ahead which someone has warned me about is bayonet fighting. That will be in 2 or 3 weeks time. But he didn't warn me about putting on the uniform. Maybe it is because he decided to join the army while he was serving detention. At least he has spend sometime in a military environment. But for me, it was transiting from civilian life to military.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Then some soldiers asked him, “And what should we do?” He replied, “Don’t extort money and don’t accuse people falsely—be content with your pay.”
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When the Israelites entered the so called "promised land", they had an army of over 800,000 men even though jehober was supposedly protecting them. Why the hell did they need an army? Because they were invading other people's country and stealing their land. They were prepared to KILL!

They killed, raped, and plundered all under the guise of a righteous take over backed by jehober!

just saying!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Romans 13:1-7 also states that the earthly authorities are God's ministers and God gives them a sword. In the books of Acts the first gentile Christian convert was a Roman soldier. Cornelius was a Roman Centurion. The Apostle Peter converted Cornelius. At no time did Peter tell Cornelius that he must resign from being a soldier before becoming a Christian. Yet, Witnesses will not baptize an active duty military member.

Sorry buddy but I believe the Jehovah's Witnesses got this one right. Getting a job in a "kill or be killed" business doesn't sound to bright.

1. You might get yourself killed

2. You might have to kill other people not all of whom might be males but women and children too.

3. Having engaging in that activity (idem 2.) you might come home PTSD.

Five of my class mates did and ending up taking their own lives.

This is the ONLY reason I was glad to be raised as a JW.

Good luck in your new career.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

You dont state your country. Sounds like universal service where you are. After boot camp it gets better. You will make new friends. Bayonets are not front line any more, mostly exercise. Not everyone gets into combat, not even most. If you do you will form a bond like no other.

Learn the math, mechanics, computers, machinery, it will serve you well all your life.

• sinboi
    sinboi

Shit! I just realised what I was feeding to my mind those 16 yrs I was in the cult. It was not what the bible say, it's what those men in the cult say.

I think I should have read the new testament more than 10 times from matthew to..to..to don't know what name..the book b4 revelation. (I didn't touch the bible since I left the cult.) Revelation I don't read cos I don't understand.

But those verses that you guys quoted in Luke and Acts, I don't remember reading that.

I think when I and other jws read the bible,we see only what agrees with what the wt say and unconscoiusly ignores what the bible really say.

• sinboi
    sinboi

My mum , even though she don't really shun me, is feeling very bad that I am in the army. Need to let her read those scriptures you guys quoted. Hope that she won't feel bad after reading it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit