Have I Drifted Too Far?

by sinboi 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• sinboi
    sinboi

The problem with posting online is that we do not know who will read your post.

The culture of the reader may be entirely different from the writer's. Hence what may seem normal to the writer may be a big NO NO to the reader.

Almost everybody here in my country knows what military life is like. My dad has gone through military training. Even my granddad who is now 60 plus has been in the army. So what I said in that post was not shocking to them.

It may be shocking to people who do not know what military life is like.

Hence it is shocking for them to hear me said:

“WE GANG-RAPED AN EFFEMINATE.”

The army is an all male environment. A soldier has only two choices in a battle. To kill or be killed.

The whole unit’s life can be at risk by just a single soldier’s actions or inactions.

We hate sabotagers. We hate those who cause the whole unit to suffer or to get punished. True, all men are imperfect. We all make mistakes. The whole platoon will get punished. This is understandable. But if it is always you that make mistakes and because of you the whole platoon get punished, then god bless u. Mostly, these type of people will just get beaten up.

A camp consists of several platoons. Four or five outstanding soldiers were selected from each platoon to form a unit for competing with other camps. I was in that unit. Our camp got a grade 4 in 2022. We aim for grade 5 in 2023. It is difficult but we are confident we can make it. We boast that we have real men, tough men in our unit. Our morale and fighting spirit was very strong. We were so confident of getting grade 5 , that we make plans how to celebrate when we get that grade.

But that effeminate spoil everything. Instead of getting grade 5, we dropped to grade 3. All because of what that effeminate did. We feel so disappointed, dejected, humiliated and disgraced. We are ashamed to go back to our former platoons. We had disgraced our whole camp.

While we were fuming and mourning over our loss, that effeminate came in to the bathroom. One guy confronted him. If he say sorry and just leave, I think he will be okay. Instead of saying sorry, he provoke us further by saying in a effeminate way that there is no need to feel sad, we didn’t get it this year, we can get it next year. My friends moved towards him. As I am standing closest to him, they signal me to restrained him. I did so. I thought they wanted to beat him up. If they do so, I will definitely join them in giving him a few blows. Instead they stripped him and 3 guys penetrated him. I did not penetrate him, just restraining him.

Following 2023’s failure, I am sure our unit will be more motivated to get that grade in 2024. But I will not be there to share their joy as I am already out from the miliary.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Even if, and especially if, the latest addition to the story is true, it seems that this anecdote would overshadow the previous story about sex between minors, which is generally not viewed as a crime when both parties are minors… (essentially adding, ‘oh, and we also gang-raped a guy, but I only held him down, no homo.’) Now, this kind of thing does happen (though I don’t have specific knowledge of the military culture in the country portrayed, which is most likely Singapore for those paying attention) but admitting to being complicit in it, and doing so to build upon a less serious anecdote seems to be more about getting attention. Still not buying it.

Following 2023’s failure

And there goes diogenesister’s concession about the timeline.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Diogenesister:

English isn't his first language

sinboi (6 years ago):

My 1st language is English. I am from Asia.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Dear God in heaven.

Posting that you gang raped someone, I don't care what military you are in, is clearly evil and going to get you banned. The homophobia is just the obscene cherry on the cake. You'll probably get banned here too.

You must be trolling - because you surely can't be stupid enough to think that it was posting about teen sex that got you banned, having posted what you did - or you are mentally unwell sinboi.

* Jeffro I really don't think it matters if he's 22 or 23 or 21 and he clearly struggles with English.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

When I saw this topic, my spidey sense was tingling pretty fiercely. Looks like my instincts still get it right occasionally.

Someone pretending not to understand why they were treated so harshly by a forum community and burying the horrifying lede (that he took part in the violent gang-rape of a young gay person, with the description of this person as the obnoxious cherry-on-top) is a kind of first-order level of trolling. My advice for the OP: go away. Please.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Diogenesister:

Jeffro I really don't think it matters if he's 22 or 23 or 21 and he clearly struggles with English.

Or 25 or 48, who knows. And the standard of English has varied between posts. The point is, the holes were there in the various posts to start with, and there is no credibility.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I am thinking this is a troll for attention...surely no one is so stupid as to post such criminal activity online, on a forum...

• vienne
    vienne

Yes, he's a troll or he's a mental health case. I vote illiterate troll.

• vienne
    vienne

I'm seriously considering reporting his gang-rape claim to the FBI.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

If he's in Singapore, not much the FBI can do. If he's in the USA, then this is all a fabrication - which ultimately the FBI won't do anything.

If he's a troll, then we've answered the thread's question : Yes, he's drifted too far.

If the stories are true: Yep, he's drifted too far..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit