Just had a thought…

by Vidiot 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

https://churchofyahweh.godaddysites.com/

There are lots of groups with Yahweh in their title, apparently.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Phizzy: That is so sad Ron.W, minds not just closed, but welded shut. That is a condition that is unlikely to change as long as they live.

It sounds that way, but I have to wonder. I think they say that to get people to stop talking about it. If they can convince you that they cannot be reasoned with, then perhaps you will stop and they will not have to deal with questions or arguments that they fear might 'stumble' them.

For as long as I was PIMI, I was convinced that I had the truth. Anything that might seem like a reasonable counter-argument had to be some form of deception, a bad argument intentionally dressed up to fool me. Once I was outside of that bubble, I realized that I simply hadn't wanted to hear anything that could chip away at my beliefs. The human desire for certainty makes it easy for us to fool ourselves.

But we can still have that epiphany --that moment of clarity-- that shakes our worldview and forces us to reevaluate what we believe in. It won't happen for everyone, but I think that even the most stubborn person can go through an experience that frees them from their self-imposed mental prison.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TonisOH - “…I think they say that to get people to stop talking about it. If they can convince you that they cannot be reasoned with, then perhaps you will stop and they will not have to deal with questions or arguments that they fear might 'stumble' them.”

Hard to argue with.

I’ve heard that sometimes the staunchest defenders secretly have the biggest doubts.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

@ Vidiot

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/188c3kb/circuit_overseer_told_us_a_secret_the_tower_is/

This bit jumped out at me:

“…He yelled at us throughout the entire meeting because we're not doing enough to stop the exodus…”
  • hoser
    hoser

Gotta blame the subordinates for a problem that they never created or have the authority to fix.

That CO should have been yelling at the governing body. They created this problem, it’s up to them to fix it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Vidiot Or am I overthinking it?

You're definitely not over thinking it.

I've experienced absolute savagery - even as a child - from loved one's who blame me....who will never forgive me....for being in the right!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dsister…

🌹

• hoser
    hoser

Diogenesister

It’s happened to me as well. I was always the one that got blamed for others misdeeds for some reason.

I had a workplace incident many years ago that I am still blamed for that has been proven to be another employees fault.

There are bad, manipulative people everywhere unfortunately. The lowest person seems to always take the fall.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

A CO complained to me once about some sleeping in the audience during his talk. I remarked that I saw none asleep when conducting the Tower. Probably not the right thing to say but it was true.

The problems in the org now are the result of Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and the GB. They hate what is happening but they caused it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit