Just had a thought…

by Vidiot 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know

Foolednomore said:

Why would you invest in Watchtower when you have to continue paying into the investment and have yet to see one dividend? This is your Time,and money, your life. What do you have to show?

But they would say the dividends would be the positive results in their lives whether it would be having given up cigarettes or drugs, or anger control, wife beating, sexual immorality, or even not having an anticipation that there's a solution to the world's woes.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    ElderBerry said:
    “When doubts manifest, one of the possible reactions is to double down and dig in. The more you do that, the more sunk the cost gets. “
    This is so true with so many things. Those who took the vax multiple times don’t want to take the red pill that it’s harming them, they prefer the blue pill that it is safe for humans.

Oh, God. Politics. I've had all my covid vaccinations along with flu and pneumonia, and I'm feeling fine.

• IWant2Know
    IWant2Know
    DesirousOfChange said:4
    I know many JWs who would claim: "But they (WTS/GB) have been right about everything else!"
    Such as what, you ask?
    Trinity is untrue
    Soul is not immortal
    Hell is common grave (not Hell Fire)
    Only group fulfilling Matt 24:14 (worldwide preaching)
    Only group remaining "no part of the world"
    Only group (widely) using the name "Jehovah" (vindication of God's name)
    Displaying unequaled True Love of Brother (or Mankind)
    Unparalleled growth (proof of Jah's Holy Spirit & blessing)
    YES, THEY REALLY BELIEVE ALL OF THIS!

Yes, I would say that's about the size of it.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx
    IWant2Know6 hours ago

Foolednomore said:

Why would you invest in Watchtower when you have to continue paying into the investment and have yet to see one dividend? This is your Time,and money, your life. What do you have to show?

But they would say the dividends would be the positive results in their lives whether it would be having given up cigarettes or drugs, or anger control, wife beating, sexual immorality, or even not having an anticipation that there's a solution to the world's woes

-

Yes that last one is very important, having a hope in a solution to the worlds woes. Because everyone needs something to believe in. This is the dividend you keep getting paid. I have read a few books on this. Many people grow up with nothing, or just a vague idea of some kind of belief their parents had.

At some time of their life they ask the big questions like how did the origin of the universe come about was it design or chance?

I have seen it a few times where usually in mid life or sometimes later someone realises they need something to believe in, call it religion or call it a belief system or whatever. This helps you to be grounded.

So many who leave JWs or any other high control group feel lost, they don’t know where to go or what to believe in.

So the question is asked why invest in JW or other belief systems? Because it grounds you and gives you a sense of purpose and a hope.

I personally have experienced both that sense of being grounded and the sense of being lost. I now have found a middle ground where I don’t believe the JWs but I like the sound of JWlite.

I would like the community aspect of JWlite and all the love bombing when they think you may come back. And Im absolutely honest with the elders or anyone who asks me that Im still not sure if God exists or if the Bible is his word.

So they keep the love bombing and trying to get me to come back even though I grew up in the congregation but I’ve been out for a long time.

This is what I suggest to others now. Don’t leave in a hard exit which means you will be shunned. Just inform the elders you have become inactive. This does not warrant shunning. This is a soft fade. Then after a while you tell them you are possibly thinking of coming back and you get love bombed and all the advantages of being part of the congregation. You can milk this indefinitely.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    Videot:
    …they were angry and hostile because, deep down, they were afraid it was true.

Yes!

My family have told me most violently and categorically that even if I proved conclusively and scripturally that they do not have 'the truth' they will still go on believing that it is 'the truth'.... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That is so sad Ron.W, minds not just closed, but welded shut. That is a condition that is unlikely to change as long as they live.

I guess even if there was a complete collapse of the org. and it was no more, (not going to happen), they would still say "But they did have the truth",

The Mind Control goes so very deep with many, probably with the majority who are still in.

The Mind Control has indeed been well embedded, and has been subtle enough in recent times to bring about the effect that Vidiot outlined in his O.P, a view of things that goes beyond all Reason.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Ron.W. - My family have told me most violently and categorically that even if I proved conclusively and scripturally that they do not have 'the truth' they will still go on believing that it is 'the truth'...”

Which suggests to me that not only are they subconsciously afraid you’re right, but…

…(like I said on the last page), even deeper down, they’ve grasped that the Org’s continued survival is, indeed, at risk, and that the more people leave, the more tangible that risk becomes.

Hell, if the WT actually did crumble, they might even try and blame you, somehow. 😵‍💫☹️

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jehovaxx - “…you have become inactive. This does not warrant shunning…”

On paper.

In practice, though?

🤨

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

To be clear - Watchtower takes and takes and takes some more. And when have they delivered on anything to benefit the followers?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I know many JWs who would claim: "But they (WTS/GB) have been right about everything else!"

"Such as what, you ask?"

"Trinity is untrue"

Christadelphians, Russell stole it from them.

"Soul is not immortal"

Again, stolen from the Christadelphians by Russell

"Hell is common grave (not Hell Fire)"

Stolen by Russell from Christadelphians

"Only group fulfilling Matt 24:14 (worldwide preaching)"

Most denominations have churches all over the world and outnumber JW membership.

'Only group remaining "no part of the world"'

Have they never heard of the Amish?

"Only group (widely) using the name "Jehovah" (vindication of God's name)"

House of Yahweh and Congregation of Yahweh (Jehovah is a scribal error from the thirteenth century)

"Displaying unequaled True Love of Brother (or Mankind)"

That's just laughable that they would call their disdain for anyone outside the WT "love"!

"Unparalleled growth (proof of Jah's Holy Spirit & blessing)"

Belt tightening, not tracking hours to keep publisher numbers up; sure you're growing! 🙄

"YES, THEY REALLY BELIEVE ALL OF THIS!"

😢 😭

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit