Apostate - what does the word mean to you?

by Tallon 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Real Meaning of Apostate: One who has abandoned his religion

WT meaning of a JW Apostate: The most evil person on earth. Equivalent to Satan

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

It's a trigger word that invokes a knee-jerk response.

It's like hearing someone being called a pedophile, you cant help up be on guard with the person after hearing it, even if it's proven to be untrue.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There's nothing worse than being called an ''apostate'' in and around the JW community. It's just a control mechanism.

• Vidiot
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Boogieman'

Yes. EXACTLY!!!

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Smiddy3 -

A thought just occurred to me : Do the G.B./J.W./ W.T. religion publicly state at meetings ,assembly`s ,conventions ,or in their publications either in print or over JW.Org T.V. programme`s that Islam the religion of Muslims are an Apostate religion ?

Jehovah`s Witnesses seem to have no problem publicly showing up Judaism / Christendom as Apostates in their publications / media , however have they ever gone on record as charging Islam / Muslim religion with Aposatacy ? in any of their publications or media ?

Because these three faiths have a common denominator with the Hebrew bible.

Why in all of these 140 years, have the Jehovah`s Witnesses been silent about the Islam / Muslim religion being an Apostate religion ?

- Not in recent times, they did print two scathing WT articles back in 1950 and 51 that were on the money, they now realise that they are a big soft target with no divine protection, so best pretend that islam does not even exist. They did print a reasonable non inflammatory description in the mankinds search for god book.

• EverApostate
  • Nunyabizz
    Nunyabizz

The word itself has such an evil aura to me. I can't explain it, but I literally feel the evil emanating from it. Now I don't mean that I believe anyone labeled an apostate is evil. Not at all! I mean the connotations assigned to the word by JWs and the way they use it to describe just about anyone who doesn't agree with them 1,000%. It feels as evil as the Nazis labeling the Jews as sub-human scum. I normally don't "feel" things like this, and I know it sounds insane, but that's the impression I get, and it really disturbs me.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Many thanks to you all for your comments.

It is interesting to see the individual and personal views on the matter.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Oh, they could say that I'm an 'apostate' but in reality I'm a member of the 'Reformed Worlwide JW' ....care to join?. Just to make your day Tallon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit