Complaining over post dislikes / downvotes

by Simon 54 Replies latest forum announcements

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

First rule of "like" club.....you don't talk about "like" club. On another forum where people are concerned about their star rating, complaints will get you one starred faster than anything.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Can I just say, you are all behaving like elders and anyone who dislikes this post is clearly a Nazi.

Jehovah uber alles!

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't believe that votes should be visible on the main page because it may deter some from participating in what may otherwise be a fruitful topic.

I think they probably are a little "too much information" but I find them useful while I'm trying out a new ranking algorithm which will provide a better view than the simplistic "last updated" (where anyone can make any topic go to the top).

Stay tuned, I need to test it a little more but so far it seems to be working great - I'll announce details tomorrow and make it accessible to all.

• steve2
    steve2

Can I just say, you are all behaving like elders and anyone who dislikes this post is clearly a Nazi.

SBF, you show again how well you know me. I blush.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Is it possible ex-jws are more addicted to positive feedback and sensitive to negative feedback than the average bear?

Being a JW can understandably leave you ultra sensitive to criticism because of our experiences with feeling judged and condemned from family, friends and even people who know nothing about us in the congregation, it can help to remember that. Don't worry about it, there is always something we can learn from others.

• Mickey mouse
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Deja Moo is priceless.

Hey I could care less if someone rates me as a dip shit from their point of veiw who really really gives 2 shits about it. It is all in peoples minds and you can't please everybody, don't take it too personal.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Agree 100%, clicked Dislike on general principles :)

• smiddy
    smiddy

Am I the odd man /woman out here ? I don`t even notice the like - dislike buttons .

I`m more interested in the replies I get from my posts as to whether I have been a dickhead with an ill thought out post or a positive post that has been of some benefit to those that have cared to respond .

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The most innocuous comments often still get disliked, the most likely reason being sand in the vagina.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit